Asphalt help

Never ran asphalt before going to try it out it soon, does anyone have good numbers for a Triton and Icon? 375lbs clone and animal heavy flat 1/8 mile. Any suggestions on which one would do better?

We have raced both chassis on asphalt and have had good results out of each.We normally run between 1 and 2 percent more left than we do on dirt.All the other numbers such as cross and nose are the same we use on dirt.You may want to change the castor from the stock dirt settings on either chassis.I know these aren't exact numbers because everyone's numbers are different.This should get you in the ballpark.Just make sure to a the small left rear tire(almost the same as the left front but maybe a little narrower rim) and keep the rear track around 39-39 1/2 inches

We have raced both chassis on asphalt and have had good results out of each.We normally run between 1 and 2 percent more left than we do on dirt.All the other numbers such as cross and nose are the same we use on dirt.You may want to change the castor from the stock dirt settings on either chassis.I know these aren't exact numbers because everyone's numbers are different.This should get you in the ballpark.Just make sure to a the small left rear tire(almost the same as the left front but maybe a little narrower rim) and keep the rear track around 39-39 1/2 inches

Thanks. Do you run a different caster block KPi on the lf for the Icon?

We did use the 5 degree castor block and spindle assembly.We never took the wiggy bar off when we raced the Seraph or Icon.That may be something I overlooked.We used a thin wall axle also.We also had the seat 8-3/4 inches off the rear axle(same as we do on dirt).

I like boinracing83's suggestions and I agree with JPM Karting as well. If it's just one time I don't know that I'd remove the Wiggy bar from the Icon but if it's something you plan to do more regularly, I would.

Todd
www.dynamicsofspeed.com

Back