At track Adjustments

Dickracer99

I have only been Kart racing for a year and half and just started traveling more. I am Looking for some adjustments I could make at the track if my kart is tight coming out of the corner. high bank 1/8mile Clay
Feels good until the exit and has a little push.
More rear stagger?
Weight?
just looking for some thing small to try

Tight and a push is two different issues, Push as in you have to add more wheel and it still will not turn ?
Post your chassis year and model ? your current set-up numbers, what class and weight, your cambers and staggers, I see your in Pa so I assume Burris tires, which compound ? where you racing ? Something will most likely stick out that is causing your issue.

Assuming nothing stood out as far as his set up would laying the LF a little more flatbed the go-to fix? My second thought is a touch more rear stagger being that it is off the corner while accelerating.

thanks again
it's really disappointing to me when people do that, I want to know what the solution was.

- - - Updated - - -

Assuming nothing stood out as far as his set up would laying the LF a little more flatbed the go-to fix? My second thought is a touch more rear stagger being that it is off the corner while accelerating.
That was my first thought, but there's so many things that can cause it.

Laying the LF little more flatbed ? I assume you meant little more flat be the go to fix ? If so NO not for the LF, Laying the RF little more flat would be, IF you went to the LF you would INCREASE pos camber not take out, LF is not a go to for push off.

it's really disappointing to me when people do that, I want to know what the solution was.

- - - Updated - - -

That was my first thought, but there's so many things that can cause it.

Well we can't have you disappointed , He was told add rear stagger first, some other at track adjustments are, Less Neg RF camber, less cross.
In this case it's only doing it for him on Burris tires at a track he does not run at a lot, he's having trouble gaining rear stagger, since he does not really want to mess with his numbers because he's real quick at 2 other tracks, So I told him when he goes there just pull the LR out 3/8 ".
Don't like doing that as it's a more bandaid effect but sounds like without the push he's got the field covered, It's the easiest adjustment for him.

Thank you, I really appreciate that Racing Promoter. As you probably know, I don't race dirt oval, but I find it very fascinating all the things you can do to correct an ill handling LTO kart. I've learned a lot over the years here at Bob's. If I was qualified to give advice on the subject, from what I have learned here, I would agree with you. It sounds like the trick would be to, if he can afford it, buy a set of tires and wheels just for that track.

Thank you, I really appreciate that Racing Promoter. As you probably know, I don't race dirt oval, but I find it very fascinating all the things you can do to correct an ill handling LTO kart. I've learned a lot over the years here at Bob's. If I was qualified to give advice on the subject, from what I have learned here, I would agree with you. It sounds like the trick would be to, if he can afford it, buy a set of tires and wheels just for that track.

Never can go wrong having another set of tires, but sounds like his Burris tires are fine he just lost some rear stagger and was having trouble getting it increased, I also gave him pointers on how to shrink the LR and increase the RR, and pointed out once he get's stagger right if he purges the LR of all air before leaving the track and puts like 15 lb of air in the RR stagger will hold.

"stop sharing all my go fast secrets" :p lol lol not trying to keep anything from anyone just didn't want to junk up the message board if we had a lot to talk about
thanks again Racing Promoter!!!!!!!!!

Racing promotor I tried to say would laying the left front be the go-to fix. I think I was partially asleep when trying to type on the little screen of the phone. My thinking was if he needed to turn down off the corner with the LF standing up straight with a little input to the steering it would in turn load rr slightly quicker to help turn left without sacrifices anyplace else. Your thoughts on the theory?

Back