Attention Bill/AKRA and Dyno Don/Tech Inspector/BSP Fuel tests.

When you back to back without rtuning you have NO idea if one is actually faster than the other when RETUNED for the fuel . I have done a great deal of testing of GAS fuels over the years and there is a great margin of retuning needed to say one is actually better than the other. Simply look at the specific gravity of available fuels will tell you that.

AVGAS is not the answer it is designed with the specific engines in mine and is slower than most pump gas in a stock clone.

NOw am I going to tell you how to cheat it up ? Not going to happen. There is a big problem as it is with toxic dioxin mixtures that are extremely carcenaginic. Same base chemicals made Agent Orange famous

Race gas corrosive ? the faster grades you bet they are, heck just ask them OR read up on the various blends. They will tell you to NOT leave the fuel in the engine for prolong periods of time. It is the shear nature of what the fuel is made of. Can you actually DEFINE gas as a chemical formula, NOPE too many variants that can be made into what can be defined as gas.

Methanol is pretty much straight forward in the chemical formula so it is easily tested.

All the years it was ran in WKA flattys then animals pretty much proves its worth in karting. I would not belive ALL that you HEAR about the methanol wearing out your engine (;-) loose race engines have plenty of cylinder lube from loose rings.

Just a thought, (;- )TP

Back