ATTENTION EVERYONE Racing Karts in Central Pa 7 stars, Pennscreek, Selinsgrove, Hunterstown, Shellhammers, BMS Series, Keystone Series, MUST READ

You didnt watch it enough if you thought that was great. I have one who races red plate there. While laps under intermission are a nice gesture it's no where near enough. I made this suggestion in a "red plate only" meeting and the tech guy laughed at me. I suggested they try hunterstown for the novice class or practice days and he rolled his eyes.
The same as most of these tracks. If you're going to have rules enforce them. Stop worrying about who's feelings you might hurt. The rules are clearly stated.
I am the tech guy and what rules are you referring to that weren't followed? And please explain why I would want to send someone who chose to race our track to a different track hmmmmmm just not following your statement

Don't forget this Sunday 2 pm If you involved in any manner with our local Karting programs show up and let your voice be heard.
Mission Statement has not changed that's the ultimate goal, we realize we cannot change everything all at once, however we need to plant a seed at some point that will take hold eventually , WHY NOT NOW come Thank all the Sponsors, Track Operators, Series Directors in person for there sweat equity and time it takes to give us an event to race, voice your ideas for improvement, get and keep new racers, this is not about knock down it's in fact just the opposite it's to build up. Everyone show up with an open mind set , humbled attitude and let's make a difference in the greatest Family Sport there is. If you have something you feel very strongly about but your busy schedule just will not allow you to attend, feel free to call me 717 712 3437 Ken and I'll make sure your heard.

I've received numerous PM'S from guys unable to attend, seems to be some common denominators thanks for taking the time to reach out, so we have your input.

Another thing I thought might be worth talking about is schedule for series races and money shows, because of today's high fuel cost getting here is big part of total cost, so if there was another good payout event scheduled the Saturday before the Sunday series events it would make it much more appealing for the travelers, hit 2 big events for the same travelers expense of getting here.

Well first meeting is in the books turn out was OK didn't do a head count but close 50, the Rain starting right at 2 pm same as meeting didn't help get guy's there especially the ones that needed to travel an hour or more, they weren't chancing it turning to ice for there trip home.
Overall It went well we made progress on some unification, plus pretty much agreed to communicate better and cooperate better especially with even dates, watch for announcements on practice opportunities with seminars being available to take advantage of, especially early in the season.
It was for sure well worth the time it took.

I am the tech guy and what rules are you referring to that weren't followed? And please explain why I would want to send someone who chose to race our track to a different track hmmmmmm just not following your statement
Because that track doesnt offer practice days. Duh. How can kids practice of it's not offered. Pretty simple.

They can ask for practice laps as soon as the last feature ends !!
Not sure if everyone in the pits at a given track is aware of that understanding or not depending on the track. I know depending where we're racing if I can scuff tires or be on the track at the end of the day. I don't think thats the same for everyone. I know the simple answer is just to ask the owner or track crew, but I don't know many people who are new or who actually could benefit the most from it would even know to ask unless told about it.

Not sure if everyone in the pits at a given track is aware of that understanding or not depending on the track. I know depending where we're racing if I can scuff tires or be on the track at the end of the day. I don't think thats the same for everyone. I know the simple answer is just to ask the owner or track crew, but I don't know many people who are new or who actually could benefit the most from it would even know to ask unless told about it.
Great point, Here is a great example how just a little communication or reaching out to help can make a difference, I will communicate with each track to have this part of there announcements . plus if your a parent that this would help out feel free to reach out many times we've had myself and say 4 others go out on track and act as pylons to keep them in the groove.

Because that track doesnt offer practice days. Duh. How can kids practice of it's not offered. Pretty simple.
When you said about sending them to hunterstown you were saying send them there to practice and not let them race with others till they improved duh your problem was you felt like they were too slow and a hazard so let's call it what it was

I personally approached each driver i felt could use the extra seat time and offered the track to them during intermission...I offered it at intermission so the younger drivers didn't have to stay awake till the end of the races to get extra laps

When you said about sending them to hunterstown you were saying send them there to practice and not let them race with others till they improved duh your problem was you felt like they were too slow and a hazard so let's call it what is.
Negative. The slow karts weren't a problem. Hunterstown offers practice days, junior practice days, a specific novice class that races every weekend, AND all the regular junior classes. They go above and beyond to help the kids learn. It's okay to not have a program geared towards youth to that level but stop trying to knock someone else's extra effort. And for God sake point them in the direction of extra help when they need it.

All our tracks do a great job helping the kids, Hunterstown has 26 classes and can do so because there a Saturday program, NO Friday night program could offer near that many classes, because you would get done way to late. Yes Hunterstown did offer a few Sundays just for practice and unfortunately very few showed up, and most of whom did were there only to scuff tires.
This thread is about change so we can make a difference, So if were going to learn anything from just this topic of debate sounds like it would be improve with COMMUNICATION . And when you draw a great field of entries at this level, it's probably worth discussion separating the class based on average lap times once the first 4 events are in the books.

Negative. The slow karts weren't a problem. Hunterstown offers practice days, junior practice days, a specific novice class that races every weekend, AND all the regular junior classes. They go above and beyond to help the kids learn. It's okay to not have a program geared towards youth to that level but stop trying to knock someone else's extra effort. And for God sake point them in the direction of extra help when they need it.
Please you are out of line completely not once did I knock Hunterstown...I think they are a great track ....not once did I say they weren't doing a great job with the young drivers. What I said was i'm not sending a driver that chooses to race at seven stars away because he needs more seat time.

Back