ATTN All certified tech

I don’t look at that as out of control I see that as tech being done correctly. Certain springs are wound in a fashion to help in racing applications build power by helping the valvetrain accelerate in a controlled but stable way. Those same springs if checked incorrectly will fail a spring test.

You can be thankfull that you have someone to apply and interpret rules. With this type of clarification and addition of detail you know exactly where you stand before the scrutineering occurs. If you do not meet the clearly written rule, you are in a position to be excluded from the results, you do not have any defense. Any other way and you are allowing someone to keep testing and trying parts until they find a method that meets their needs not yours. Say thank you for the attention to detail. I see it as a progression, well under control,

I don’t look at that as out of control I see that as tech being done correctly. Certain springs are wound in a fashion to help in racing applications build power by helping the valvetrain accelerate in a controlled but stable way. Those same springs if checked incorrectly will fail a spring test.
Yea,yea, I understand all that. I don't think tech is out of control, I think what has to be checked has gotten crazy. But I guess us engine builders are partially to blame. But it's about time the spring rule is revisited into something more manageable.

Last edited:
You can be thankfull that you have someone to apply and interpret rules. With this type of clarification and addition of detail you know exactly where you stand before the scrutineering occurs. If you do not meet the clearly written rule, you are in a position to be excluded from the results, you do not have any defense. Any other way and you are allowing someone to keep testing and trying parts until they find a method that meets their needs not yours. Say thank you for the attention to detail. I see it as a progression, well under control,
No need to scold me. Don't assume I meant tech was out of control. Maybe I was a little vague.

Yep we almost got tossed until I finally convinced him to turn the spring over a great tech man should always try to find you legal!!!

Back