Axle adjustments

Marcis71

I’ve never had a kart with lead/ride height adjustments on the rear axle before, do you use them at the track to make a change? Or do you set them at home before you scale each week? Not wanting to ask a stupid question but never had access to these before.

Ride height usually set and forget.
Lead
I would do at home .
Not that we haven't done it at track , as they say one simple change leads to other things.
Resetting toe is one .

I’ve never had a kart with lead/ride height adjustments on the rear axle before, do you use them at the track to make a change? Or do you set them at home before you scale each week? Not wanting to ask a stupid question but never had access to these before.

Lead lag is a front end term, rear is a yaw adjustment.
Back on the RR more, forward less, opposite for the LR

Is there a general rule of thumb for running the LF in the rear hole while keeping RF in the front when would you move one or the other? Also when would you move the axle lead? What can be expected from any of these changes?

Is there a general rule of thumb for running the LF in the rear hole while keeping RF in the front when would you move one or the other? Also when would you move the axle lead? What can be expected from any of these changes?
LF forward of the RF will turn in better but could push apex off, mostly used for high bite bull rings
RF forward of the LF will turn better late apex to exit but may push on entry, same as above high bite tracks, asphalt etc.
Rear axle is called yaw, moving the RR back can free it up some on entry, but once you move it you have to re-square the toe, and basically determines the rear tires path in relation to the front, and how and when the rear tires are loaded
also have to watch moving the rear axle because if your brake rotor and gear hub arent on floaters it could throw them out of square and cause brake rub and chain problems

And GO BLUE! cant wait for the season to start

Back