Axle and hub Bearings

What is the best bearing non ceramic?
Cant afford ceramic.
I might try ceramic bearings in my engine, but wheel bearings are turning way too slow for ceramics to make much difference at all. Plus it's a really harsh environment for such a fragile thing. As a wheel bearing the cost/benefit ratio is way too low.

I might try ceramic bearings in my engine, but wheel bearings are turning way too slow for ceramics to make much difference at all. Plus it's a really harsh environment for such a fragile thing. As a wheel bearing the cost/benefit ratio is way too low.
Agreed

Interesting, i've never seen anyone say anything but good thing about the ceramics for axles. I've never scrounged up the money to put a set on so i cant vouch for them.

Whoever i'm ordering parts from that week when i need bearings gets the business. Only bad thing i have come across is i believe it was the ones from turk don't have the rubber seal in them. In 2 nights they were sounding crunchy. Dug the rubber seals out of the old bearings and put them in the newer ones after cleaning them up.

Interesting, i've never seen anyone say anything but good thing about the ceramics for axles. I've never scrounged up the money to put a set on so i cant vouch for them.

Whoever i'm ordering parts from that week when i need bearings gets the business. Only bad thing i have come across is i believe it was the ones from turk don't have the rubber seal in them. In 2 nights they were sounding crunchy. Dug the rubber seals out of the old bearings and put them in the newer ones after cleaning them up.
Thats because most pull the rubber seals out and replace with the aluminum shields so you can reduce friction and easily clean them.

Every bearing i have ran from turk was very good... I run same bearings for 3 years just do maintenance

Thats because most pull the rubber seals out and replace with the aluminum shields so you can reduce friction and easily clean them.
So a lot of guys are just running the metal shield and no rubber seals? Man i would be taking them off every race or maybe two races to put them in the ultrasonic.

Its the aftermarket alum shields that use a set screw to lock. You remove the factory seals and replace with these. And yes, we remove and clean bearings just about every race weekend!

I run CBR ceramic axle bearings. Removable seals. They will even service them for you if you mail them in. Made in USA.

Back