Axle fuel pumps

Phiddy

Pulse pumps do work well, tell us why you want or the benefit of an axle pump? I could see a water pump, but I want my engine to keep running without the axle turning.

welder60

It acctually not for a kart but to put on a micro sprint. The pulse pump will not push it up from the tail tank to the shut off valve witch is higher then the carb. I don'want to run a electric pump because I don't want to run a battery and regulater. Could run a pump off the motor if I could find one small enough, it only has to make 7 or 8 psi(only has to feed a Mikuni 41 mm carb).

flattop1

Dawg 89
Get one off a kohler 301 or a smallblock chevy and a eccentric on the axle.
Or an evinrude i think 1969 50 horse . Ill look for the number .

welder60

Thanks flattop the chevy fuel pump I thought of,but I'm running achole through it so it would have to be a Holley and have to figure out a mounting system(has a suspecian system) can be done. I was going to use the kick starter ans
d convert it to a pump drive.

Outrider

Obviously you are running a different class than I ran (600 micro), but I have to ask, since it was such an easy setup to manage, what is your aversion to running a battery, regulator and electric fuel pump?

RCJ

Cordless drill battery and a small pump should work. Look at a Holley mighty mite pump. I power my 02 sensors on my dyno with craftsman batteries