Axle length importance?

I need to replace my axel. The kart is a 2011 Impulse. Millennium is backordered on 32 1/2 inch axels and the only thing available is 32 inch or 34 inch. Can some one tell me the importance in axle size and which I would be better off ordering considering the situation.

Www.palmettospeedshop.com
Screenshot_20210421-101640_Chrome.jpg

You will have to be a more accurate with axle location in respect to the right rear location . There should be plenty of adjustment on the left .
There is some talk of unused axle length affecting flex . On the over length axles .
The other thing is if its got pocket keys vs full length keys .
32 vs 32 1/2 should be fine .

another newbie question. We were putting the axel back on the kart last night and realized the axel bearings need to be replaced. Axel bearings come in small and large. Which bearing size would I need to order? 2011 Millennium Impulse, 32 inch rear axel...can provide more info if needed to help. Everybody on the forum has been super helpful and nice and I appreciate anybody who takes the time to help me out!

another newbie question. We were putting the axel back on the kart last night and realized the axel bearings need to be replaced. Axel bearings come in small and large. Which bearing size would I need to order? 2011 Millennium Impulse, 32 inch rear axel...can provide more info if needed to help. Everybody on the forum has been super helpful and nice and I appreciate anybody who takes the time to help me out!
the old bearings should have a number stamped on the side of it, but if not someone that knows that kart will chime in 206 is small 207 is large I believe is right

The location of the rear hubs are more important than axle length. Make sure you set your track width back where it was.

The location of the rear hubs are more important than axle length. Make sure you set your track width back where it was.
We made sure to measure everything out before taking it apart. Do you have any other information related to track widths that would be helpful to a newbie?

Back