Axle

Packman88

Correct me if I am wrong, I swear I read it somewhere but can not find it for the life of me. On the new axles from phantom the pre drilled holes on each end are so you can quickly and easy set your side to side with bearings set screws correct ?

Gotcha, I just bought a new axle and it has a pre drilled hole on each end right around where the bearings fall in place ....What is a good way to center up your axle ? Just measure from cassettes to end of axle and equal it out on each side ?

If its drilled i would use the holes .
The pockets for the sprocket and brake are important also .
Your backspace is in there too .
So right side should be in the 4.5- 5" range .
Otherwise yes .

Chassis specific is a reference to rear frame rail spacing .
My recollection is the Phenom was different then the Icon .

You want to pin the axle on the side the brake is on. The newest PRC axles are drilled on both ends to accommodate the RR brake on the Triton and Triton Jr.

You want to pin the axle on the side the brake is on. The newest PRC axles are drilled on both ends to accommodate the RR brake on the Triton and Triton Jr.
Perfect ! I pinned left side first with brake , and the right side lined up as well so I just went and put a set screw in there as well

Dumb question, but why do you only pin one side and use collars on the other? The triton and recon karts I bought did not have collars. They were just pinned using standard hubs

Back