Axle

The pros change them regularly, but most like me just if it gets bent. The front spindles should be changed at least once a year or if you see a pretty good change when the kart is scaled, could be a bent spindle

Every other season on the rear axle depending how many weekends you put on it in a season , if it makes it that long, or if you keep a kart that long.
Hi HP every season
If it was in a used kart just bought, I'd replace it just for reassurance

The pros change them regularly, but most like me just if it gets bent. The front spindles should be changed at least once a year or if you see a pretty good change when the kart is scaled, could be a bent spindle
Even if you don’t get into any significant wrecks throughout the season, you think you should still change the spindles??

Even if you don’t get into any significant wrecks throughout the season, you think you should still change the spindles??
Yes. The spindles will flex on the track and become weaker, and get tweaked just from usage.
Id change spindles, and or an axle, every time i notice unusual changes on the scales and or i dont make speed anymore.

Just like we have discussed in the chassis design thread. Stiffer will initiate transfer faster, reduces duration of the transfer, and so that means it initiates the transfer back faster.

So it will speed up the timing events when entering the corner. But, it allows for a heavier load to be carried without over loading and causing a hop or other ill handling effects from over loading the RR.

Back