Bad Boy mowers

Doers anybody have experience with Bad Boy ztr mowers--looking at them and Cub cadets--want opinions. Looking at 40-42 inch. Thanks, John

We sell both brands, I am the service tech there going on 2 decades now. Both are good giving they are used as designed....Bad Boy is built a little heavier. Which ever one you choose, buy it from a dealership and not a box store, it will pay off in the long run!

Last edited:
We sell both brands, I am the service tech there going on 2 decades now. Both are good giving they are used as designed....Bad Boy is built a little heavier. Which ever one you choose, buy it from a dealership and not a box store, it will pay off in the long run!

I looked into buying one awhile back and what I think is what ever you buy it should have only one blade because it's easier to have and keep one blade up to a good cutting speed then 2 or 3. And you may even find a mower with multiple blades will have different spinning speeds for different blades. Also I think less parts mean less things to go wrong.

Am I ok on my thinking about you should only buy a one blade mower.

Over the course of my 20yr landscaping business I’ve owned a lot of brands, in a 60” commercial zero turn. I’d run them 2-3 years and say goodbye.
My top 5 overall favorites, in no particular order:
Exmark, Bob-Cat, BadBoy, Ferris & Scag.
Also owned Toro, Lesco/Cub Cadet, Encore & John Deere

Chose the one you can easily get parts for and gives the best warranty 😉

A lot of the lawn companies run scags. I bought a tiger cub 2 52" with 550hrs and it leaks a little oil from hydro and engine. Grounds vibrated loose(not sure if the previous owner put them all on the block bolt or not) But that thing will cut through grass 2ft tall and I barely have to slow down and i don't have to raise it up. Frt wheel bearings seem to be common issue but aren't expensive or hard to change.

I like the fact that the BB has a welded deck as opposed to the formed deck on the CubC. And I will be buying from a local dealer that has a good service dept. Thanks for all the comments. John

Growing up i always admired the Gravely mowers and tractors . One design feature i thought highly of was the shaft driven blades.plus they just looked tough. That will be my mower when i get the time machine fired up.

Growing up i always admired the Gravely mowers and tractors . One design feature i thought highly of was the shaft driven blades.plus they just looked tough. That will be my mower when i get the time machine fired up.
I’ve had a gravely for 10 yrs. I’ve replaced a spindle and blades.

I know where 3 of the multi attachment gravely's are at, all 3 look to be in very good condition considering theyve been in that building for 30 years

I have had Exmark, Lesco and Kees. They were all good for me. the Exmark was built the best I think. The owner of a mower will take a lot better care of it than a employee is what I found.

Back