badmax ultramax cage kart on racesaver hoosiers

12X8 Hoosier probably rolled out 37" or more.

Asking for gearing recommendations online is akin to throwing darts in the dark.
You may hit on something....and you may not.
Check with some of your competitors. Ask your engine builder what target peak rpm to aim for.
How much rpm scrub are you seeing in the corners also determines the peak rpm you will need to hit.
Lots of laps and lots of testing will determine what's best. Asking someone that runs in the same class at the same track will shorten that learning curve considerably.

-----
?Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Try to hot lap alone or after the races and listen to the motor is it rapped out coming out of the turn or still gaining RPM? I had my kids running a 65 until this weekend at the track we run. Got to hot lap alone finally and could tell i was way off. Dropped to a 60 and could go a couple more teeth i think. New motor plus gear change went from lap traffic to on the leaders bumper.

12X8 Hoosier probably rolled out 37" or more.

Asking for gearing recommendations online is akin to throwing darts in the dark.
You may hit on something....and you may not.
Check with some of your competitors. Ask your engine builder what target peak rpm to aim for.
How much rpm scrub are you seeing in the corners also determines the peak rpm you will need to hit.
Lots of laps and lots of testing will determine what's best. Asking someone that runs in the same class at the same track will shorten that learning curve considerably.

-----
?Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
[/QUOT

lol

Try to hot lap alone or after the races and listen to the motor is it rapped out coming out of the turn or still gaining RPM? I had my kids running a 65 until this weekend at the track we run. Got to hot lap alone finally and could tell i was way off. Dropped to a 60 and could go a couple more teeth i think. New motor plus gear change went from lap traffic to on the leaders bumper.
yes sir, we were at a 58 and running top 5 went to a 56 and closer
=

Back