Balancing tires and wheels

Balance, balance and re balance.
If it's the rim it gets tossed.
Use to be a man here called ReWheel, he took warped, dented rims, straightened them, powder coated them the color of your choice

Only place I've ever gotten balanced tires from was Waller and it didn't seem to make much difference to me. Much like a lot in karting it comes down to personal preference. Obviously if a wheel is dented, wobbles, or doesn't hold air it's worth tossing.

I only balance for big tracks where the straight away speeds are nuts! Not worth the time for 95% of my racing in my opinion.

We balance most new Vector Cutz tire sets that we sell.
It makes a difference - especially on bigger tracks.
OP, We also sell a nice balancer if you need.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports
What do you think about adding those balancing beads? I was doing some research and came across this post. Might be dumb but just a thought.

I get my new stuff from Carlson balanced. But alot of my other tire stock isnt balanced. But they arent out of whack neither.. If I race a big track, Id prolly worry about that, but I dont race any big tracks since Rt68 closed.

I've not used balancing beads. I've seen them used on big truck tires and question the value even there.
Just no experience with them, so I can't speak with any authority about them.

Balancing with stick-on lead weights definitely helps, there's no denying that, but it's not likely something that you'll see on a stop watch or seat of the pants, especially on little bullring tracks.

Back