Balancing tires

• Thread starter Deleted member 21174
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21174

If I want to balance my tires on a kart with spindle mount wheels can I just use one of the kart's front spindles as the balancer? (for the rear wheels I'd need to get a single 17mm hub).

It seems like a waste to get a tire balancer that will only be used a few times per year -

Another benefit is the double bearings on the shaft and dedicated hub bearings .
On the spindle its affected by your bearing condition .

If I want to balance my tires on a kart with spindle mount wheels can I just use one of the kart's front spindles as the balancer? (for the rear wheels I'd need to get a single 17mm hub).

It seems like a waste to get a tire balancer that will only be used a few times per year -
I balance my tires from the right front spindle. Works very well. The bearings need to be clean and free.

Actually this is the perfect place for ceramic oiled bearings. Well cleaned. That is how I do mine Not hard to put small wedge between the kart stand to get it level Camber gauge helps.
The other question is does balancing help? is it worth the time effort and energy . I do it , kart rides smoother. Can't slow you down. I can't say I have ever won a race because of balanced tires. Or Ceramic bearing. Kart just came with the bearing in it . They do last a long time.

Back