BANG for buck

bhill

wanting advice on what engine. for now i think we be happy running mid pack. what engine you guys think would be affordable without taking out a loan? in other words any thought on budget build that wont brake the bank?? and be half way competitive? cause im hearing 3-5 grand on some of these builds

I think that a good Animal.....with a few runs on it.....would meet your criteria
Also a good used Sudam would be a fine answer for your needs.

MX 250 with gearbox left on, or a 450 if you can find one that's in good shape. Barring that, a Sudam. Any of those options should be available for around $1500, plus accessories.

I would want more info. How big of a driver, if the driver weighs 130# a Sudam would be perfect and can be found for area of $1500. If your driver is 280# we are talking a 250cc 2 stroke or a big 4 stroke. IMHO a 2 stroke is much cheaper to buy and for rebuilds. A set of dual 100's or 115's would be awesome but can be a lot of headaches for someone new to 2 strokes.jmo

Weight would be the determining factor here. Like Brian stated if you or your driver is heavy or light. Sudam 125-131cc (325lbs to 331lbs) are a great engine for the price. I probably would search out a mx 250 or 450. Both great choices with minimal maintenance. The 250cc (400lbs) two stroke you are going to need a different pipe because the peak power band is very short on a bike pipe. The 4 stroke 450cc (430lbs) however once you get it a mount and figure out proper carburation is a stout package that I’ve seen perform well even in its stock form. Hope this helps.

Back