Banshee engine

I've entertained the thought, but stock it's too anemic. You'll have to put some of the racing mods into it, and it goes from being a really cheap option to expensive in a hurry.

What is your rules? where are you going to run it? and what is your budget. There are a lot of performance pieces that can get substantial HP numbers. There was someone on here a few years back road racing one. I'm sure that would be a ride with a 6 speed gearbox.

When I looked up the specs and saw they only make 30 HP stock, I was truly surprised. In my mind I thought they were in the 50-60 range. Those bikes scream!

IIRC, they are 350cc, right? Too big for current UAS rules, but maybe too small for RWYB. Blasters are 200cc, and can be made fast too.

If purely going off HP numbers, I don’t think it would hang in RWYB. But there’s guys squeezing 100+ with high modification. That’s a huge window of improvement if stock HP really is 30.

I am looking to build something for the UAS class, I didn't realize that it had a 305cc limit on the 2 strokes :( that being said it shocked me also seeing that they only made that much power, myself as well as others know those engines are stout.

Yep, the rules favor 250 smokers and 450 taters if you’re a bigger bodied guy. I only weigh 300 with most motors so I really enjoy sudams/14.5 small blocks. Everyone brags about their horsepower but few have mastered proper corner speed. If you can get the corner speed of a clone or other controlled classes with a 40-50HP motor, you’re already faster than the guys who drag race on the straights and kill their corner speed. That statement will ruffle feathers but anything smaller than a 1/6 mile, the controlled classes usually have faster lap times because of their corner roll speed.

I am looking to build something for the UAS class, I didn't realize that it had a 305cc limit on the 2 strokes :(

The current CC limit for 2 strokes is 275cc, and the 4 stroke limit is 500cc. It really depends on your region and track size what ultimate HP will be competitive....if you can't hook it up, you can't use it...

As much as I hate to say it, a 250 or 450 will be the most cost effective and viable option. Those are fast and grippy tracks with stiff competition. Spend the rest on tires.

Genetic -- you're about 10#'s past me... I was contemplating a YZ144 setup until I decided that I can only afford a KT class. I have a couple guys interested. For power-to-weight, it's about impossible to beat the BRC150....but you'd better pony up the $$ for one of those, or a JAWA or GM. Us budget (and pretender) racers enjoy searching for the unique alternatives that will be the underdog to come out on top... Billet case 144 would be interesting option.

Chuck - I'm king of the BENCH racers...you should know that....lol. Oh well, seemed like a cool idea. Maybe one for each FRONT wheel and one in the rear....lol

Back