Banshee for 5 to 7 year old group.

Krtrcr47

I have come across a pretty nice banshee for$300. I am thinking of getting this for my son to use in 5 to 7 year old group. What is everyone's opinion? Pros and cons. I run a brand new chassis but dont think it really matters for a 5 year old. I'm just trying to get the fundamentals down with him. I was also thinking it will be cool for him to see the difference in adjustability as he progresses. Any thoughts are welcome. Thanks.

I have a Buller Demon, which is very similar in design to the banshee. I've had success with it in adult classes on lower bite surfaces, where it's hard to get it off the RR on high bite tracks (in adult classes). I imagine with the lower loads of a Jr driver and plate engine would make that less of an issue. If your driver grows with the chassis that may be a limitation at some point, but would be an affordable starting point.

Your correct doesn't matter for a 5 yr old to get started, plus at this point your not aware how he'll adapt I've seen kids love it but I've seen kids hate it, If he ended up not liking it you could sell and break even, you go new and that happens your eating 40 %.

Your correct doesn't matter for a 5 yr old to get started, plus at this point your nor aware how he'll adapt I've seen kids love it but I've seen kids hate it, If he ended up not liking it you could sell and break even, you go new and that happens your eating 40 %.
Yeah once he got up to 8 year old then I would know of he likes it or not then can get him new stuff or put him in mine that I got this year and get me a new one then.

We have been running a banshee in green plate, i put a floating cage on it to compete with the QRC's around here. Cross is creeping up on 60%, think it was about 55% when we started, all we have is bullrings around here. Biggest changes that ive seen are the LR durometer and RF camber.

I got it. It was $300 and in really good condition for its age and has new bearings so its mine now. If anyone has any good starting setup numbers for a 48 lbs driver lol let me know. I'll see in a couple weeks how he does.

Back