banshee help

billy4809

alright ive been running this chassis for two seasons now here and there. we have finally have bought our own scales and i have finally scaled my kart. I have always had problems with a push even when im completely off the throttle entering corners. when i scaled it my cross was at 61% which according to the phantom website is way to high would this cause alot of my problems.
tack is a small 1/8 mile bullring clay high banked oval called hillbilly raceway.

I now have kart set up to proper setup #s according to phantoms website. My next question what is a couple of areas to use to adjust for this condition when im at the track this saturday night. Dont want to adjust to many things at once what would be two things you guys use at the track to help make the kart turn entry and exit. its an 02 banshee with an adjustable cassette on lr up and down.
i use the cassette to change my cross down. so there is still room to adjust on lr down to lower cross more if need be.

the three things i was planning on using to adjust my chassis this weekend was cassette, stagger, and lr tire spacing in or out is this a good start to get me in the right direction or no. thx.

alright ive been running this chassis for two seasons now here and there. we have finally have bought our own scales and i have finally scaled my kart. I have always had problems with a push even when im completely off the throttle entering corners. when i scaled it my cross was at 61% which according to the phantom website is way to high would this cause alot of my problems.
tack is a small 1/8 mile bullring clay high banked oval called hillbilly raceway.

I now have kart set up to proper setup #s according to phantoms website. My next question what is a couple of areas to use to adjust for this condition when im at the track this saturday night. Dont want to adjust to many things at once what would be two things you guys use at the track to help make the kart turn entry and exit. its an 02 banshee with an adjustable cassette on lr up and down.
i use the cassette to change my cross down. so there is still room to adjust on lr down to lower cross more if need be.

the three things i was planning on using to adjust my chassis this weekend was cassette, stagger, and lr tire spacing in or out is this a good start to get me in the right direction or no. thx.

Yes to much cross an d that chassis will push, If you lower the left rear tire you will add cross not take out, Don't move the Left rear tire spacing set it strong 3/4" from wheel to cassette and forget it, if it still needs help turning increase rear stagger a quarter inch first on a 1/8th mile track you want inch and a quarter minimum to start for rear, then if needed second adjustment I would try would be increase left front positive camber.

Good Luck !!

well here is the update on how it did. hot laps tight middle off on both corners. added more stagger to front tires and rear tires. heat race still tight middle off. changed lr tire to a harder compound but same stagger. feature it was great just a little loose thx for the advice to get me in the right direction. little more tweaking and it will be good

Back