Banshee

Timmonday

I cant figure out what to do, I've tried everything I know of and still same result. My kart will go in the corner and want to push up the track and get to center and wants to get severely loose in the rear (on the edge of spinning out) big track or small track my percentages are good add stagger

Does it snap loose all of the sudden on exit? Last time I had that with my Buller Demon (which is very similar to the PRC Banshee) I had cross and left too high.

What percentages are you running? Are you making reasonable bite? What class & weight are you running?

It's set to the PRC setup for banshee wich was always dead on. I've torn it down and rebuilt and cleaned everything went back to scales and back to the same handling but last 3 races this has came up. I have not wrecked it and can't find any weak spot. Scaled it yesterday and its still the same. The bite is about the same on entry. I run clone meduim at 365

Is it possible your axle lead got changed in taking things apart? I have had success running a fair amount of lead to help free it up with higher bite.

Are the spindle bearings new? The 3/8 king pin bearings are overloaded in those karts, perhaps that could be a source of camber compliance?

You have had this chassis , how long ?
Too confirm its history .
Clone at 365 .
Which tires , age and prep ?

I have 2 banshee's this one i have run probably 12-14 races after replacing everything I went 3 races and handled great and the last 3 races were crap. maxxis tires and I've ran vega's tires were bought this year goat pee prep. The only thing that is actually different is bearings but this didn't start until 3 races old

Track surface could have changed enough in that time that your tires are wrong . Straight goat pee nothing else ? Late spring - now early sunmer .
That could be an issue if your wiping them weekly and at the track .
Or if you've stopped wiping them completly .. Goat pee is hard on tires .
Spindle bearings are cheap enough that replacing them would be simple .

Track surface could have changed enough in that time that your tires are wrong . Straight goat pee nothing else ? Late spring - now early sunmer .
That could be an issue if your wiping them weekly and at the track .
Or if you've stopped wiping them completly .. Goat pee is hard on tires .
Spindle bearings are cheap enough that replacing them would be simple .
Wrong tires, banshee's hate high bite stuff in the heat

Back