Batesville Indoor Races... What Chassis seemed to be up FRONT?

Dustin5808

I havent seen results yet from the weekend. What chassis you guys see up front the most? I know there is much more to kart racing besides chassis but I am looking into getting back into kart racing next year. I want to purchase a new chassis to start off with, no used junk this time. Looking at Olimpic Trick LTO, Phatom , Charger. What do you guys think ?

It looked to me like there were a variety of models at the front. As usual, it was typically the guys who are known to be good in tires and keep the kart in one piece that found success.

I havent seen results yet from the weekend. What chassis you guys see up front the most? I know there is much more to kart racing besides chassis but I am looking into getting back into kart racing next year. I want to purchase a new chassis to start off with, no used junk this time. Looking at Olimpic Trick LTO, Phatom , Charger. What do you guys think ?
It all really depends on what support that you get from the manufacturer and team drivers, all those mentioned Trick, PRC, Charger, Ultramax have good support, depends on also what area you plan on racing, see what’s willing in that area, you’ll most likely get some input from those guys, I’m gonna throw Hammer Karts in there as well, they have rally come on lately and Alex is a good guy and gives a lot of feedback

It looked to me like there were a variety of models at the front. As usual, it was typically the guys who are known to be good in tires and keep the kart in one piece that found success.
100 % . indoors is not were I would be judging a chassis purchase.
It's all tires indoor , skill and luck also play a part .

I agree tires plays a huge part in a indoor race.Try going to your local track and see what people are running and go with the chassis that has good support.

The winning chassis were the ones setup by the most knowledgeable tuners....they'd be winning on any brand. Pick something with good factory support and local parts availability and then go test and tune from a known good baseline. There are no shortcuts other than buying known good stuff to start, then adding in all the time and money you can spare. The top brands are all within .001s of each other on a theoretical basis, I'd wager. The purpose of a chassis company is successful marketing leading to sales. The purpose of a racer is to win. Those are sometimes consistent, sometimes not.

The winning chassis were the ones setup by the most knowledgeable tuners....they'd be winning on any brand. Pick something with good factory support and local parts availability and then go test and tune from a known good baseline. There are no shortcuts other than buying known good stuff to start, then adding in all the time and money you can spare. The top brands are all within .001s of each other on a theoretical basis, I'd wager. The purpose of a chassis company is successful marketing leading to sales. The purpose of a racer is to win. Those are sometimes consistent, sometimes not.

Ted said it best... pick a manufacturer you can trust to build a good kart, good parts, and most of all, provide support - whether by phone, email, or in person.

Obviously, I'd recommend PRC (I may lose my job if I didn't :ROFLMAO:), but having part availability and someone you can talk to is most important (outside of the performance of the chassis itself - which most top manufacturers win every weekend throughout the country).

Plus, it helps that one of those guys that works for one of those chassis company's supports and uses Bob's 4 Cycle from time to time... ;)

i was there, the chargers were up front alot BUT it was all big names on them and they make any chassis look good, not taking anything away from charger, they are good, a few exodus won also.

I ran batesville last year and in my opinion any chassis from new to 3 years old is competitive. It's really all about the tires, setup, driver, and everything else that goes into it. This honestly applys anywhere you go.

Back