Batesville JR3

Ragnar

Our team will be running at Batesville in a few days. We run Rivals pretty successfully. We are looking for some starting points for setup at Batesville in JR3 class. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Our team will be running at Batesville in a few days. We run Rivals pretty successfully. We are looking for some starting points for setup at Batesville in JR3 class. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Cross 66
Left 58
Nose 45.5
+.5 lf
-2.25 rf
1 1/2 front
1 3/4 rear
8/12 castor
Lf and rf L blocks rear position
Cross pills out
Lead pills out
Rr 3/16 off frame
Lr 1” off frame

message me for tire info.

I see where the manufacturers recommend Rear tread widths of about 39.5", give or take. How does that match up to your, "off the frame", recommendations? What's the conflict between those 2 measurements?
I go off frame distance to the wheel due to the fact that either:
A: back spacing from brand to brand tend to be a tad different
B: a lot of racers will not use the same location for tread patch as the next.
So it is just easier to measure off the frame to the wheel

So it is just easier to measure off the frame to the wheel
In your experience, are all frames the same width, center to center?

If the rear wheels are spaced off the frame, how do you compensate for different width tires and different width rims, and different width rim combinations.

What about the relationship between the width and position of the front axle versus the rear axle. What about the relationship between the RF tire and the RR tire? I've heard other people say that those 2 tires need to be in-line with each other. I know, too many questions, sorry.

No idea what the measurement is from frame to frame. I just know what the Ultramax chassis line ups need with wheel spacing.
All chassis that run on dirt need to have a 10” wheel on the rs and either a 8.5” (most common) wheel or a 8.25 or 8.75 wheel.
I don’t care what the front “axle” vs the rear axle is in position with each other. The front can’t be compared to the rear as the lf and rf are independent so to call it an axle is false.
you can look at any of the new dirt offset chassis from the top manufacturers and no rf will be in line with the rr. That’s for the chassis builder to have the knowledge on why it is built that way. I understand why as I have had input on some chassis’s built.
Believe half of what you hear/read and nothing that you see on this site.

Al,

I believe that a "one size fits all" approach (to measuring tread width) is not how most of the racers here are approaching this.

Rather, I suspect that many chassis manufacturers have done a good amount of testing, and simply provide a "chassis to wheel" dimension, as that's become a somewhat accepted method of setup.

PM

Al,

I believe that a "one size fits all" approach (to measuring tread width) is not how most of the racers here are approaching this.

Rather, I suspect that many chassis manufacturers have done a good amount of testing, and simply provide a "chassis to wheel" dimension, as that's become a somewhat accepted method of setup.

Are you in response in one of these others
PRC doesn't, they still measure across the rear tread width. I believe that measuring off the frame, ignoring the front tread width and position to the centerline of the kart, ignores many aspects of handling set up.

Here are all your numbers, taken from suggestions by JRC.

Knowing your actual racing weight would've helped.

Attachments

• raynar_1 11 16 2020.jpg
    raynar_1 11 16 2020.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 23
your spreadsheet tells everyone who owns a set of scales absolutely nothing that we already don’t know about the wheel weights when the percentages are met.
My numbers I posted are not a suggestion they are what the Ultramax customer should put in the kart for Batesville in that particular class.
Quit confusing yourself that leads to confusing others on this site.

Let me ask you this; I put my kart on the scales, the scales tell me what percentages I have, but the percentages are different from what you say they should be, what's my next step if I want to match your percentages?

Last edited:
Back