Bead won’t take pressure

Vannwellmon

Trying to set bead (I’m new but I belive that’s the term) and the air blows out the side instead of inflating the tire. I’ve already gotten 3 of the 4 so I know I’m not terribly far off. I’m using either my air compressor or one at a gas station. Lube with windex and then inflate, never going over like 50psi. I’ve tried the ratchet strap tequnique but it didn’t do much. I have a vaulve core remover but haven’t used it yet. Any suggestions?

You mean you can not get it to seat ?
Or can't get it too take air ?
Remove the valve core .
Really should be using a tire band .
Warm the tire .

You mean you can not get it to seat ?
Or can't get it too take air ?
Remove the valve core .
Really should be using a tire band .
Warm the tire .
Can’t get it to take air. I’ve been wrapping a ratchet strap around it but not super tightly.

Get the tire pretty warm, remove valve core. Volume of air is more important than the air pressure. Even with the tire unbeaded inflate as well as you can to somewhat inflate and shape the tire then put your strap around the tire and dump air in as fast as you can.

Get the tire pretty warm, remove valve core. Volume of air is more important than the air pressure. Even with the tire unbeaded inflate as well as you can to somewhat inflate and shape the tire then put your strap around the tire and dump air in as fast as you can.
I’ll give that a shot thank you. Hopefully the higher volume makes a difference as previously no air was kept in and the tire shape was static.

Always use a tire ring or adjustable band for mounting tires. Makes the job simpler AND safer!
If you need one, contact your local kart shop or give us a call -- we stock tire bands and can ship the same day you call to order.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

If the gap isn't too much you can switch to regular tire lube and the thicker goop will sometimes be enough to fill the gap if you lay it on thick. Is the bead bent? You can straighten it by hand. The tire must be loose on both sides not up on the rim on one side. Tires will blow out on the thinner sidewall, tire band does nothing to stop this. Did you try flexing the tire to get it to seal?

I use petroleum jelly to mount tires. ALWAYS use a tire ring! If you don't have one, buy one. Or get ahold of a other racer at your local track they may have one you can use.

Back