Bearing hanger problems

It sounds like you have a cassette that wasn't made right or made for another kart. You can send them back and get different cassettes that fit or you can mount your bearings and axle with the top two bolts that fit. Then put a metal ruler arcossed the bottom of your frame and measure from the top of the ruler to the bottom of your axle to see it's the same both sides. If everything looks lined up then take off the cassettes and take a rat tail file and oblong the bottom hole in the hanger so the bolt goes in. Then use a thick large area washer over that hole. Personally I wouldn't adapt my kart to odd parts unless I had to make a race this weekend but lots of karts have oval shaped holes on the bearing hangers so no problem.

Sundog

It sounds like you have a cassette that wasn't made right. You can send them back and get different cassettes that fit or you can mount your bearings and axle with the top two bolts that fit. Then put a metal ruler arcossed the bottom of your frame and measure from the top of the ruler to the bottom of your axle to see it's the same both sides. If everything looks lined up then take a rat tail file and oblong the bottom hole in the hanger so the bolt goes in. Then use a thick large area washer over that hole. Personally I wouldn't adapt my kart to odd parts unless I had to make a race this weekend but lots of karts have oval shaped holes on the bearing hangers so no problem.

Sundog
I agree but according to bmi the sacing on the cassette is different for the bottom hole compared to the top 2. So if they didnt say that then i would think that it wasnt made right but since they are supposedly supposed to be made that way, that makes me think they are perfectly fine they just dont fit my kart. On comet karts there is one that has equal spacing so i may try and order that and see if it works.

Do the new cassettes bolt hole spacing , match the old cassettes bolt spacing ?
The obvious answer is no . They may have been manufactured wrong .
No receipt presents a problem . Rat tail file is the cure .

Do the new cassettes bolt hole spacing , match the old cassettes bolt spacing ?
The obvious answer is no . They may have been manufactured wrong .
No receipt presents a problem . Rat tail file is the cure .
No the old and new cassettes dont line up. race-a-holic said he had this problem before on an older kart before which makes me think it wasnt a manufacturing problem but I am not for sure. I am gonna call BMI and discuss the problem with them but then if they say that is how they are made then I will go to the rat tail file. Thanks for all of your guys help!

What’s your bolt pattern spacing ? Also big or small bearing ? I may have a couple big bearing cassettes here

Post a pic of the chassis
IMG_2369.jpg
IMG_2370.jpg

Final reply. ... :)

To me it's OBVIOUS looking at the top picture the rear upright to hold the cassette is bent to the rear.
You can just see it in the picture.

It being bent to the back or never made correctly will give you the exact problem your experiencing.
Heat it up or somehow move the top of the rear upright for holding the cassette "top to the front".

Or you can probably simply put a clamp on it to squeeze it together enough so you can slip the last top rear bolt in.
Once you get the bolt in the cassette will hold it in place except for it being split on the top.
Maybe you can put the clamp split part below the two top holes and still get the clamping screw in.

Last edited:
The bearings i got for it are 1 1/4, is that what you mean by big
UC206 small bearings (1-1/4" ID x 2.440" OD) or UC207 big bearings (1-1/4 ID x 2.835 OD)
I’m thinking by looking at the pics you have big bearings and bought small bearing cassettes from BMI.

Final reply. ... :)

To me it's OBVIOUS looking at the picture the rear upright to hold the cassette is bent to the rear.
You can just see it in the picture.

It being bent to the back or never made correctly will give you the exact problem your experiencing.
Heat it up or somehow move the top of the rear upright for holding the cassette "top to the front".

Or you can probably simply put a clamp on it to squeeze it together enough so you can slip the last top rear bolt in.
Once you get the bolt in the cassette will hold it in place except for it being split on the top.
Maybe you can put the clamp split part below the two top holes and still get the clamping screw in.
It’s not bent stop already, your starting to sound like Al !!!

Ok the proof will be in measure between the two bolt holes up top on the left and right cassetts.

If the distance between them is NOT the same it's bent/open too much on the top.

There ain't no way the problem is with the cassette if it works on one side and not the other.
It has to be a problem with the right rear cassette hanger for some reason or another. period. maybe?????

I'll bet to prove it it's as easy as putting something level across the top of each and on the right side the level/flat surface won't sit right on it.

Ok the proof will be in measure between the two bolt holes up top on the left and right cassetts.

If the distance between them is NOT the same it's bent/open too much on the top.

There ain't no way the problem is with the cassette if it works on one side and not the other.
It has to be a problem with the right rear cassette hanger for some reason or another. period. maybe?????
It wont work on either side witht the new cassettes, if you zoom in on the picture I only have 2 bolts in the rear cassette because I cant get the other bolt in because it doesnt line up, On the hangers i can put 2 bolts in any part of the cassette but when I go to put the 3rd one in it wont work because the 3rd hole never lines up.

I'll bet to prove it it's as easy as putting something level across the top of each and on the right side the level/flat surface won't sit right on it.
Its not bent. period.

Measure the spacing between the holes in the frame bracket and the bearing holder. You need to find which hole pattern is not symmetrical.

Attachments

• resr axle casset spacing.jpg
    resr axle casset spacing.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 7
Back