BEARINGS

SPEEDER51

What does everyone recommend for weekly bearing maintenace? We've lost a couple front bearings this year. One time they were put in the ultrasonic and when you took them out you would swear they had a cup of metal filings dumped in them. I typically wipe them off after raceday, soak them in mineral spirits and then let me air dry. Any suggestions?

Are the seals on them?
We really never had any trouble with them . They do need lubrication though .
Or replacement. Mid season .

bearings typically should be replaced once a season and rears usually die first. what lube are you using?

I've only been using triflow. From what I've been reading it sounds like white lithium grease is the way to go though.

Do you guys recommend any type of rinse/wash/soak before using an ultrasonic?

I've only been using triflow. From what I've been reading it sounds like white lithium grease is the way to go though.

Do you guys recommend any type of rinse/wash/soak before using an ultrasonic?

TriFlo is not an adequate lubricant, its not designed to handle the load and heat the bearings go through.

That being said, I use TriFlo in my fronts, and heavier weight engine oil in my rears. I’m not particularly worried about making them last very long, I usually replace them every six races anyway. They’re not an expensive item

Personally i dislike tri flow as a bearing lubricant.
As far as the ultra sonic . Just clen them up use a basket. And keep clen fluid in it .

I use brake clean and then blow them out and use this high temperature bearing grease you only need to use very little. Also works great on the clutch bearing, but use VERY LITTLE !!!
Water resistant and I also use it for packing trailer bearings on jet ski, boat, and enclosed trailer.

Attachments

• C281D943-600D-4FF0-88BA-54071FCF11CA.jpeg
    C281D943-600D-4FF0-88BA-54071FCF11CA.jpeg
    102.9 KB · Views: 32
I don't bother. I leave the factory seals in place, run them 6 or 8 races and then replace with new.
The amount of time, cleaner, and lube used to clean bearings is not at all cost efficient. Just buy good quality bearings.

Fronts never gave us much problem. Keep the water away from them, add a little extra grease before you put install them and they should be ok for 6-10 races like Menace said. Spin them every time you walk by and get to know your kart and you will know when they arent as good. I feel like they are a little stiff right out of the box so spin them the following week and pay attention to that.

On the rears i always felt less was more on lube/grease, they had a small area open where dust can get in so they had to be replaced or maintained more often.

Back