Beginner/Noob Question

ebricky

Hi guys, new here. So excuse my noob question. I recently bought what I believe to be a margay kart frame from craigslist and have been working on it slowly. Right now I have a Predator 212cc on it with a jet kit and filter, and a fuel pump. I am running a max torque clutch and recently came upon a Horstman Greased Lightning Clutch on ebay for 70$ with an extra clutch bell. Are these clutches good? The guy said it's in good shape and his son used it last year in his novice class. I am just riding around some parking lots. Will this clutch work well for me?

Eric:cool:

For what you are doing the clutch is not going to make a difference for you. Save the 70.00 and buy fuel...you will have more fun having the extra gas.

The Horstman Greased Lightning is a good clutch. But I think it's discontinued - I had trouble finding rebuild parts for mine last year. That's probably not a problem if you're just playing around instead of racing, but eventually it will need a rebuild and then you might be stuck. It will also require more adjustment and maintenance than your Max Torque.

Like MIKIM says, you may have more fun spending your money someplace else. Usually racing parts aren't worth it on fun karts.

Shannon Halbert can get you anything you need for the Greased Lightening. I have two on the on Lo206's and he has built and tuned them for me. He can also convert them to the new bully drums also. Way cheaper then buying a new clutch.

Thanks guys! I lost the bid anyway. went too high. I am putting the money towards new wheels and tires, since the tires are all mismatched and one the wheels is bent.

Back