Beginners

I'm also a beginner. I am looking at getting into the racing world. I just don't have all of the resources to use. And I don't know very many people around Nebraska that races that would just help me out. So I am still debating on what I should do.

My son is a beginner only 4 races in and learning every time out. I never posted before since I could always find my answer (or two, or three) with a search. But without this site I don't think my son would have ever got started in this sport. So I wanted to say thanks to Bob and everyone and asked that you keep your cool as we ask the same dumb questions over and over.

Never considered being a paying member until now, how do I sign up!

Welcome aboard Raven family !!! Bobs is a great learning tool, so ask away. :)

I wish I could go back to being a begginer. Things were so much easier when Dad was doing everything and there was only one way to drive 'em. LOL

Hello everyone, my family and I are looking to get into Kart Racing here in WV. Would love to get some information on what to buy to get my 8 year old and myself (30 years old 200lbs) started at Shamrock Speedway in Ronceverte, WV. If anyone could help me out on some information that would be great. My family raced back in the late 80s and early 90s at a track called pine valley speedway in taylorsville, NC. I do not believe the track still exists but I have some great memories there. Unfortunately though it seems most everything has changed since those times and my family really didn't have alot of tips to offer me.

Hello everyone, my family and I are looking to get into Kart Racing here in WV. Would love to get some information on what to buy to get my 8 year old and myself (30 years old 200lbs) started at Shamrock Speedway in Ronceverte, WV. If anyone could help me out on some information that would be great. My family raced back in the late 80s and early 90s at a track called pine valley speedway in taylorsville, NC. I do not believe the track still exists but I have some great memories there. Unfortunately though it seems most everything has changed since those times and my family really didn't have alot of tips to offer me.
First off, welcome to the sport.
Before you buy anything find a track or two that you might want to race at. And ask around to find out what classes there are too so you can buy the right equipment. Have them watch a few races so he can figure out how to drive the track. But remember its all (or mostly) about fun.

yeah we have the two tracks we want to run, they are in the off season now, so i cant really watch anything, however we were looking to get everything going this winter and be ready to run opening weekend, here is the website to the track we are going to be running. www.sharmrockspeedway.com

My son is a beginner only 4 races in and learning every time out. I never posted before since I could always find my answer (or two, or three) with a search. But without this site I don't think my son would have ever got started in this sport. So I wanted to say thanks to Bob and everyone and asked that you keep your cool as we ask the same dumb questions over and over.

Never considered being a paying member until now, how do I sign up!

Bob should have the link to pay for a membership up soon. He has so much under his belt at this point.

I'm new to the sport and just got my kart up and running for box stock, but i need to figure out if I can show up and weigh in to figure out what weight class I need to run... if anyonr can point me in the right direction It would be greatly appriciated. Thanks!

I don't have my own scales and closest kart shop is over 70 miles away, so I guess what I'm trying to ask is can I weigh in at a track to figure out which class I need to run in?

I am hoping to use bathroom scales in order to get close, I am in the same boat:/, I figure as long as all four scales are the same exact scales and all give the exact same reading with me on them they should be at least in the ball park with a kart on them. I am probably wishful thinking on this.

Since you are that far from a kart shop . I would go to Big Lots or Wal-Mart and buy 4 scales that you can afford . Place each scale under the wheels and make sure that you have at least 1/2 tank of fuel in the kart tank. And put on your helmet and neck guard and shoes and jeans. Then have someone write down what each scale reads and then add them up . Bingo that is your total weight . No wallet or car keys in your pockets.
Then find your track rules on the weight class and then you will need to add weight with 5 lbs. Round or square weight bars. They must be double nutted and painted white.

i am a newbie but i own a
.2013 Trick Redemption
.2010 Icon
.2005 Tempest
all with animal motors
and a modlite im trying to trade

Back