belt drive pulley

Dave , there out there . The twin mount had two . I don't know if they were buller built .
or rebored too one inch .

Comet has some 30mm wide drivers, would need to be bored out to 1", be careful though, they may have a big c-bore in the back end.

Big twin primary pulley might be adaptable .
47 tooth bdl

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201210-214305_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201210-214305_Chrome.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
I have some pinion stock, not sure of the tooth count, between 25-27. I could make you a 1" bore pulley economically if that interests you. Not sure if I have the washers for the sides on hand or not. Let me know if you are interested and I will check what I have for sure.

You might look at a duplex or even triplex chain .
I've been wondering about double v belts on my freight train setup .
Twin flattys , animals or clones are not that much hp .

At McMaster.com
Purchase a 1-inch crankshaft bushing and bolt on the drive belt pulley of your choice.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201213-015813_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20201213-015813_Samsung Internet.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 27
going to run heavy chain,a lot cheaper
I doubt the cost savings. Especially in the long run. Chain is much harder on the clutch with high hp engines due to shock load. You will probably wear your discs almost as fast as if you just mounted it on the crank. I've had the levers break as well. My setup from McMasters set me back about $150 for the bushing and belt drive plus another $50-ish for the belt. I have three of these set-ups and run enduro road races. Not unusual to put 100 miles on a race weekend. Once I got it dialed in I've had zero belt, pulley or clutch related failures in over 2 years. I'm telling you dude, there is a reason racers go thru the extra effort to install a belt system. Ultimately the decision is yours, just my two cents.

I doubt the cost savings. Especially in the long run. Chain is much harder on the clutch with high hp engines due to shock load. You will probably wear your discs almost as fast as if you just mounted it on the crank. I've had the levers break as well. My setup from McMasters set me back about $150 for the bushing and belt drive plus another $50-ish for the belt. I have three of these set-ups and run enduro road races. Not unusual to put 100 miles on a race weekend. Once I got it dialed in I've had zero belt, pulley or clutch related failures in over 2 years. I'm telling you dude, there is a reason racers go thru the extra effort to install a belt system. Ultimately the decision is yours, just my two cents.
What was the belt you were running,I wrote it down somewhere but its MIA

What was the belt you were running,I wrote it down somewhere but its MIA
Most pulleys used in karting are 8mm pitch in 20-40mm width. Gates GT4 powergrip or the Continental are good choices. Don’t skimp on the belt quality, it’s one of the few things out there where the name matters.

Back