Ben Hur Speedway 37th Annual Indiana State Dirt Championships

Ben Hur Speedway 37th Annual Indiana State Dirt Championship, presented by Slack Karts and Burris Racing

Ben Hur Speedway is proud to announce the 37th Annual Indiana State Dirt Championship Sept. 4th presented by Slack Performance Karts and Burris Racing, Lee's Kart Supply, SRE Kart Shop.

Friday night, Sept. 3rd: Load in 5-9PM
Come out drop your trailer to avoid the crowd on Saturday. $10 fee covers trailer drop.

Saturday, Sept. 4th: Race Day gates open at Noon
We will have an open practice starting at 2pm, followed by qualifying heats and feature for the following classes:

Clone Heavy, Stock Heavy and Open
$500 to win Guaranteed with 10 qualified karts, 70% payback spots 2-5, payback is 1 spot for each 3 entries, max of 5 payout spots. $40.
If less than 10 entries, payback is 100%

Clone Super Heavy, Clone Medium, Clone Light, LO206 Heavy, LO206 Super Heavy, Stock Super Heavy, Stock Medium, Stock Light
$200 to win with 6 qualified karts, 70% payback spots 2-5, payback is 1 spot for each 3 entries, max of 5 payout spots. $25. If less than 6 entries, payback is 70%.

Jr. 1 F/H, Jr. 2 F/H, Jr. Stock F/H, Jr. Clone 3,Jr. Clone 2, Jr.1 LO206, Jr.2 LO206
$200 to win with 6 qualified karts, 70% payback spots 2-5, payback is 1 spot for each 3 entries, max of 5 payout spots. $25. If less than 6 karts, payback is 100%.

Amateur Clone 360- To run this class you cannot of won more than $300 in one event over the last 5 years. This class is for Trophy only entry fee $15

Rookies will run for trophies only - entry fee FREE!

Pit pass cost for the event is $25, Which includes the gate fee.

Qualifying will determines line-up for heats. Heat finish determines line-up for features. 10 lap heats, 15 lap features.

All pre-entries must be post-marked by 9/1/20 for add classes.

Rain date is Sunday 9/5/20.

2021 State Race.jpg
2021 State Race pg2.jpg

I have had lots of calls from Box Stock Predator guys. Ben Hur will be happy to run Box Stock Predator class. It will be $15 entry racing for a trophy to win. I will post rules later tonight, but basically box stock, motor must surge, RPM not to exceed 5300, stock tank, stock everything except throttle assembly. If you are interested in this class please post here so I can get a list going.
Thanks,
BHS

I talked with Grino tonight, they are going to add a Clone Sumo to the line-up to give the big guys more track time. $25 pre-entry fee W/100% payback, 425LBS weight class, 225LBS driver weight. PLEASE pre-enter ASAP, on the entry form write in CLONE SUMO.
Thanks

Ben Hur Speedway would like to say welcome and THANK YOU to Jamie Wheeler and the Midwest Race of Champions for sponsoring the Clone Heavy class at this years Indiana State Dirt Championships. Gonna be a great show come out and join us this Saturday night. If you see Jamie and Jody please tell them thank you for the support of our race track.

Well it is almost 5pm and it has not stopped raining or looking like stopping anytime soon. There is no way we will be able to get the track dried out for racing tomorrow. It is literally sitting under water right now. I never expected to get this much rain. We will be rescheduling the Indiana State Dirt Championship for the weekend of Sept 18th. We understand there are other events on that weekend, but please understand we are running out of dates to have events. We hope you chose to stay and run with us. For those of you who have mailed in pre entries. We will be happy to refund your money if you can not make this new date. Please send us a private message or contact Juan Grino. We will release further details about Sept 18th i.e. event schedule, gate times, practice times, race times, ect. We thank all the racers / fans again and hope you enjoy the rest of this labor day weekend.

We have had a few changes to this event due to being on 9/18. Gates will open at 1PM practice will now be at 4PM with racing to follow. We also are now going to pill draw for heat race lineups and not be qualifying. All classes and $ will stay as posted above. We look forward to see all ate racers and fans on 9/18 for this event.

Back