Bent Caliper Mount

Where i put the brake caliper on my go kart is appears that the bracket to bolt the caliper to is slightly bent, the rotor doesn't line up in the brake caliper straight on, it lines up at an angle. I know that it is the bracket that is messed up because my axle is brand new and is straight, my caliper is brand new, and so is the rotor. How can I make my caliper straight wether that be bending the metal back or whatever I need to do to get it straight? Before I got the kart takin apart it was straight so I don't know what the issue is, everything else on the kart is straight. Nothing is bent and the frame is straight and is not bent at all.

Last edited:
Use a square off the axle too check it . The mount . That seems a hard area too bend .
How did you cure your cassette issue ?

Use a square off the axle too check it . The mount . That seems a hard area too bend .
How did you cure your cassette issue ?
Yes the cassete issue is good. I used a little file and barely filed it down and they work good now and axle rolls very well and it is straight. I will do that when I get a chance. I will also post a pic when I get a chance.

Those caliper brackets bend from heat transfer and leverage when you use the brakes. It twists them in a downward clockwise fashion. If this is your issue, use TWO caliper brackets side by side and move the rotor on the axle.

Some chassis don't let the bracket sit flat on the axle hanger because of a weld sticking out at one of the 90 degree edges. If this is your situation, you will need to buy a thin (1/16th") brass strip, cut it a little bigger than the length of the axle bolt holes and sandwich it in between the bracket and the axle hanger.

Back