Bent L block mounting plate.

Just noticed my l block mounting plate is bent in. My guess is previous owner hit something with LF very hard probably broke spindle and bolt pulling on it bent the bottom in a touch to where the l block doesn’t sit flush. Haven’t put it on scales yet but I did straighten it back flat. Is this something that’s typical or this could be a worse problem than I have found yet ?

Just noticed my l block mounting plate is bent in. My guess is previous owner hit something with LF very hard probably broke spindle and bolt pulling on it bent the bottom in a touch to where the l block doesn’t sit flush. Haven’t put it on scales yet but I did straighten it back flat. Is this something that’s typical or this could be a worse problem than I have found yet ?
You talking the L block itself or the frame plate where the L block bolts too ?
My daughter bent her Pursuit (Dukes of Hazard style) RF frame L plate 2 yrs ago. Slack fixed it and its been perfect since. The Spindle & L block never got tweaked which I could never figure out.

I’ve had the LF weldment cut off and a new one welded on before, 2004 ultramax double heim with the plate

94185C87-9BE9-49C0-9FA4-F98CE38976A8.jpeg

Last edited:
It's common -- more common on some chassis with thin weldment plates.
We've replaced the plates on many chassis here in the shop and it may or may not be worth your investment. By the time you have the fab work done and re-powdercoat, you could be within a couple hundred dollars of a brand new chassis.
My recommendation is to straighten it best you can, and if it scales correctly, race it.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I got a small plate of 3/8 steel, drilled it so it would bot it to the L block plate, and tightened the heck out of it. Staightened the thinner plate out nicely

Back