Best 10.8 Valve Spring

I am a DIY guy and I have done everything to my engine so far but I don't have a way to check the springs to see what they come in at after I put them in. I wisht there was a cheaper way to check springs because I am not buying a 300 tool for springs.

I am a DIY guy and I have done everything to my engine so far but I don't have a way to check the springs to see what they come in at after I put them in. I wisht there was a cheaper way to check springs because I am not buying a 300 tool for springs.
Same. I guess we just resort to buying pre tested ones and trusting someone else.

There are karting parts distributors and builders that will sell you springs that they claim have been tested and are legal....You also need to keep in mind that there are also springs that will initially test within and after being raced grow stronger and will be out-of-spec....

There are karting parts distributors and builders that will sell you springs that they claim have been tested and are legal....You also need to keep in mind that there are also springs that will initially test within and after being raced grow stronger and will be out-of-spec....
Riiiiiight, that's part of my concern. Also part of my concern is throwing away used springs that are perfectly fine still... Sure they aren't expensive, but if I save a few bucks I can buy more beers.

Same. I guess we just resort to buying pre tested ones and trusting someone else.
Yea ; the guarantee is ten seconds or ten feet which ever comes first .
Legal at the time and place checked is what counts .
Reality is : prechecked is the option .

951F13BD-0939-4196-9549-1679054B2B06.png

All True .
Here I go in left field .
As too a rule change making it obsolete .
No way a diy person can justify a spring check kit .
How about Ditch the spring check .
Leave the stock rod , Its got to be close to its limits now.
Let the rod be the limiting factor .
IMO
If you limit the RPM by the valve springs and valve float, the engine continues to run and there is little to no damage done.

If you limit the RPM by the stock connecting rod, first failure stops the engine and starts the spending.

You can finish a race - even win one - floating the valves every lap. Break the connecting rod? NotSoMuch.

Right . Point being it should not take 4-5 tools to check a spring .
The racers would run it out to the limits and break the rod .
The spring check system limits the engine . Length and wire diameter , its all water over the bridge now . There are special springs , extra special springs and very likely extra extra special springs .

Last edited:
you will never get your hands on extra extra special those are kept in vaults by the national engine builders in those special engines that win races no mater who's driving or what tires your roling ;)

I played with springs for two years trying to achieve an uninstalled height. Every time I thought I found the correct number I found another one that had more pressure than the last. I tried like the dickens to get rid of the weight checker for two years but it couldn’t be done. With that I mean without allowing a billet rod. I tried to get that also but it didn’t fly. Dover and I tried hard.

Back