Best block for open small block

I would say not as wide of a range of performance parts as you can get for the tillotson. The tillotson is a really strong and reliable block for high hp plus it is less expensive to buy a tillotson and bore it out really big than pay to have a predator or regular clone block welded so you can bore it out big.

The 240 I believe is actually a 237 with a 58mm stroke. The cylinder should be much thicker and you’re not having to clearance crank and cam to make things fit. The 270 is the same block just bored bigger. You can easily sleeve it down especially with an aluminum sleeve to have it nikasilled. With the thicker cylinder you can get more aggressive with the fuel you use. Jmo

We have had ZERO failures with the Tillotson block, its very solid and reliable and we push it hard, over 9500 RPM regularly.
I run the tillotson 228R in SBO on a flat kart and I've had zero issues. Head worked, cam, and running methanol. Turn it 8800-9k all night.

Going to second vote the Kohler XKE. We did f200 class then I went nutz and turned it into a full blown UAS engine. Had custom roller rockers. I was to fat to make it work but sold it to a little guy and he racked up some kuas wins with it going against Sudams

Back