Best build specs for a non hemi predator 212. For local ohv park / trails

maguero400

Hello im looking to build a non hemi engine that is capable of getting through anything that is thrown at it ( mud / sand / dirt trails etc) with some good top end to keep up with the dirt bikes and atvs lol . Im looking for a complete build list everything from cam piston rockers gasket etc thinking of getting that stage 4 head from gopowersports don’t really want to do the porting my self any info would be greatly apprenticed sorry if I missed out any information to answer my questions throughly .

This really is a go kart racing site more than anything else so we dont think in terms of Stages for parts. We buy individual parts that you wont see in kits based on what we have done in the past and on what others have done. Doesnt mean we dont know where youre coming from or want but youre likely to hear responses you dont recognize in kits. First thing is what are your budget limitations. secondly, how fast do you expect or want it to go? And what rpm range will you be riding it in most cases?
Right off the bat I would recommend a billet flywheel, a hemi piston (which is flat top) and an ARC billet rod that is .020 longer than stock. Put 26 pound springs on it with something like a Dyno CM grind cam. It will get you to a decently strong 7000 rpm. Buy a Tillotson PK1B carb, looks like the stocker but is jetted for performance and is a lot nice piece than the stocker. Easy installation. Put a decent header on it, Robertsons Torque Tubes makes a lot of pipes for karts, minibikes, or whatever. They always fit and flow good. Start there, the things I recommended are reasonably inexpensive and work well together. A set of Champion rockers will be reliable and efficient until you decide to make the Big Jump to what you would consider a stage 4. And when you decide to go bigger, leave this motor alone until youve learned more about engines and when you do jump, do it when you can afford to do it all at once- professionally ported and improved head, bigger cam, ratio rockers etc. Have fun and good luck.

This really is a go kart racing site more than anything else so we dont think in terms of Stages for parts. We buy individual parts that you wont see in kits based on what we have done in the past and on what others have done. Doesnt mean we dont know where youre coming from or want but youre likely to hear responses you dont recognize in kits. First thing is what are your budget limitations. secondly, how fast do you expect or want it to go? And what rpm range will you be riding it in most cases?
Right off the bat I would recommend a billet flywheel, a hemi piston (which is flat top) and an ARC billet rod that is .020 longer than stock. Put 26 pound springs on it with something like a Dyno CM grind cam. It will get you to a decently strong 7000 rpm. Buy a Tillotson PK1B carb, looks like the stocker but is jetted for performance and is a lot nice piece than the stocker. Easy installation. Put a decent header on it, Robertsons Torque Tubes makes a lot of pipes for karts, minibikes, or whatever. They always fit and flow good. Start there, the things I recommended are reasonably inexpensive and work well together. A set of Champion rockers will be reliable and efficient until you decide to make the Big Jump to what you would consider a stage 4. And when you decide to go bigger, leave this motor alone until youve learned more about engines and when you do jump, do it when you can afford to do it all at once- professionally ported and improved head, bigger cam, ratio rockers etc. Have fun and good luck.
Thank you for the response to regards about the (stage 4) head should of listed the specs to it
(After market clone 22cc casting.
Stainless Valves: 28.5mm intake, 25mm exhaust
Dual springs with billet retainers
40lb Valve springs.
fully ported and polished
milled .065)
and budget is around 800 I’m looking to hit 50+ and I’m not to sure rpm range just looking to get decent speed with good torque sorry if I’m not answering correctly I’m some what knowledgeable with engines (predators ) i been researching for about 3 months or so I built a hemi predator billet rod stander length flat top piston dyno cm cam billet flywheel ss valves chrome moly push rods 26lb vavle springs it’s runs good in trails and ohv parks but just looking for something with more power and torque I seen a lot things about clearing issues with high lift cams or ratio rockers when it comes to hemi so I thought I would go with a non hemi to reduce clearance issues i have the money to buy the parts just don’t kno what is a good setup

I put an engine similar to the one I described to you on a stock Coleman minibike. It would do 50 easily.

Back