best chassis for low bite track

fastmike

Looking for info on the best chassis on a low bite track, track gets hard slick, "not wet". Also we are a no prep track. thanks..

I'd stick with something a little older for that application. phenom , avenger, nemesis. something in that era

X2

Most chassis made today require tires that make good to great bite for them to work their best.
tell me about it. 1st time on my excentric and it was fast but had a bad push all night. I need to learn more about tires, prep, and chassis tuning.

I just played with air pressure tonight and thats it. But I can tell I need to learn more about tires and being able to adjust the right thing on the kart or tires.

tell me about it. 1st time on my excentric and it was fast but had a bad push all night. I need to learn more about tires, prep, and chassis tuning.

I just played with air pressure tonight and thats it. But I can tell I need to learn more about tires and being able to adjust the right thing on the kart or tires.

Well shift I could tell ya the problem...
You bought a U-max!!!

But yeah I'd look for a good used Phenom.

You dont need a old chassis to make bite on a low bite track. Some of the newer chassis are not good for low bite but many are. The triton will kill a old kart even on low bite in the right hands. Charger mag will also roll real good in your situation. Phenoms are easy to setup all around great karts but more speed in the newer stuff setup on most nights.

for a no prep low bite id say Badmax if you want a new kart, or a Blaze Octane if you want used. My BENT Blaze still is fast on soft low bite tracks and still requires little tire help... My big tube Infiniti is also pretty dominant on the low bite stuff but I have to feed it grip with the tires so I wouldnt suggest that being you cannot prep...

Did you all catch the "no prep" rule part of the OP?

I'd be on a softer chassis myself...hard to go wrong with a Phenom or even a Nemesis. We have built our Vector chassis for 20 years and have seen our karts dominate on grass tracks, ice tracks, fairgrounds tracks, etc. Narrow waist on the chassis and more flex than the current stuff is a big advantage on low/no-bite tracks. We still have guys asking for our original Vector DO chassis for high HP UAS and no-grip applications. I simply don't have the time to build them right now or I'd recommend one of our chassis. Hence, my suggestion of Phenom or Nemi. Someone mentioned Badmax -- that would be a decent option as well.

Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Funny how everyone suggest a Phenom for a "no bite" track, when its also one of the best chassis ever built for "high bite" tracks (pavement/indoors)

We have a Badmax that we run on low bite tracks it works just as well as our PhazeX if not better, now on a track with some bite theres not comparison.

For low grip tracks at local level/cold weather I would say Bad max or any old Ultramax like Blaze Octanes or Octanes. They won´t be very fast on a big shows IMO, specially old UMax, but good on wet tracks/low grip specially in cold weather.

I'd be on something as new as I could afford most likely (yes, even on a no prep, low bite track). Here are my choices 1) Triton, 2) Icon, 3) Phenom. (The Seraph can work well but it's stiffness along with no prep will make it more difficult to work with than the others.

Todd
www.dynamicsofspeed.com

I'd be on something as new as I could afford most likely (yes, even on a no prep, low bite track). Here are my choices 1) Triton, 2) Icon, 3) Phenom. (The Seraph can work well but it's stiffness along with no prep will make it more difficult to work with than the others.

Todd
www.dynamicsofspeed.com

With this being said what are some things that can be done to increase the bite in the chassis alone without touching the tires?

If your running a big show then yes get something new,if your just playing around at a local track buy something old and spend the money you saved on a few sets of tires.

Prowler will work on a dry loose, hard dry track, no bit track very well, as well as a wet slick track with no tire prep...
We have a 07 and a 2010 kickin it...

Find yourself an 1 1/8" White k-frame (piranha). Make sure it can still scale out. A twenty year old White can still make a 2013 anything look slow on a slick track.

With this being said what are some things that can be done to increase the bite in the chassis alone without touching the tires?

Most of the time the focus areas are to assemble the kart well and then work with air pressure and air pressure split. Honestly, from a setup standpoint I don't often have to jump through any wild hoops to get the kart to work. Maybe a bit less cross or a bit less camber or something like that but mostly it's standard stuff.

Todd
www.dynamicsofspeed.com

Back