Best Clone Builder

I'm confused..... If everyone knows what everyone else is doing, then why aren't THEY doing it amd have THEIR name popping up as a recommendation? I mean, if on a scale from 1 to 10, you have "X" number of engine builders that rate a 10, how can any one of them be any better than the other? Isn't it what YOU do with it afterwards that matters most?

Many years ago I told an engine builder I saw his sticker on engines in a national magazine(WKA) and it must sell a lot of engines for him.

His instant response was, "your name in a national magazine does not sell engines". He went on and explained to me what sells engines is when someone who runs in the back at a local track, gets your engine and then runs up front.

So your gonna sit there and say that the average person gets the SAME motor as the top level karters that are winning national races??? Really??? I buy from APPCO because they are FAIR, HONEST, and will give me the best motor for my money, they don't hand pick parts, they build every motor from the same shop and same suppliers, some are better then others. Do they keep the good ones for themselves???? NOPE! that's what sits them apart in my book! So you all go ahead and buy them stickers, any graphics company can make them for you....

The Heltons are great people, what they do with a KT is pure magic

U need a good engine builder yes everything else matters to but if u don't have a good motor ur not goin anywhere idc if u have the best setup or tires ur not goin anywhere without havin power that's y the big engine builders smoke ur local builders everytime if ur karts are all perfect the big guys win every time dont listen to people who say u don't need a top builder cuz there wrong n they prolly do good locally buy bring them to a big race or money race n c how they do lol

U need a good engine builder yes everything else matters to but if u don't have a good motor ur not goin anywhere idc if u have the best setup or tires ur not goin anywhere without havin power that's y the big engine builders smoke ur local builders everytime if ur karts are all perfect the big guys win every time dont listen to people who say u don't need a top builder cuz there wrong n they prolly do good locally buy bring them to a big race or money race n c how they do lol
Man couldn't disagree more with this statement. I know a (local) builder that builds as good a motor as any big name. His motors have won plenty of maxxis national races. Matter of fact think his motor has won super heavy at the nationals 3 years in a row. You spend your money on a (big name builder) I'll work harder on my tires not sweat the motor& run with any motor out there . Ask any experienced racer wether they would take the best set of tires or higher hp motor and tires is the answer hands down. By the way his name is Mark(bulldog)Rabon. He's one hellva racer too.

I wonder how many threads with this same title are started on an annual basis. I'm too lazy to search and count.

I have a JRPW clone and I absolutely love it, the only issue I am having is it running hot. I am still trying to determine if its a bad tach lead or actually running hot. Either way the motor is strong and it puts me up front at our local track.

Back