Best clutch for LO206 sprint kart?

jamiespop

Short technical track, 350 lbs. Drum or disc it doesn't matter because I'm not racing. What are you guys liking?

Can't go wrong with Inferno Blaze, very adjustable, quality piece. That being said, I've seen Noram clutches ( basic versions) run just as well.

I'm running a Inferno Fury on an Animal, I am 402 pounds with me and kart works like a champ, easy maintenance and have had zero issue with probably 500=600 laps, clean drum with wd-40, put one drop of light weight oil on the bronze bushing that's it, has selectable springs to set engagement that are super easy to install. For 79 bucks it rivals the most expensive.

Honestly guys way to much time is spent on what clutch what springs etc. Just run what locks up around 2000 rpm on a sprint track whether that be the steel shoe clutch or a cheap old draggin skin. We have been running the 206 for several years I think close to five and our class is filled with the latest and greatest clutches and guess what. No one clutch is better than the rest on race day. Otherwise we would all be running that same clutch. My daughter has run the same clutch now for 6 years a trusty old cheap draggin skin and she holds track records at three tracks and concentrates on driving. Just like the 206 less time on the mechanical more time on the driving that is where it is at. Because you are not racing put a cheapy clutch on it and go. If you can find a cheap disc clutch then they do have more holding power for heavy guys but really what happens if you want to race then you will need the drum clutch anyway.

Greg

An inexpensive Noram works just fine but if you want to be able to change clutch sprockets without changing the entire drum there other options.The Hillard clutch with the Bully conversion is a good choice. It's very tuneable,doesn't chatter and the clutch sprockets are always easy to come by and 1/2 the price of a Noram drum/sprocket.

Honestly guys way to much time is spent on what clutch what springs etc. Just run what locks up around 2000 rpm on a sprint track whether that be the steel shoe clutch or a cheap old draggin skin. We have been running the 206 for several years I think close to five and our class is filled with the latest and greatest clutches and guess what. No one clutch is better than the rest on race day. Otherwise we would all be running that same clutch. My daughter has run the same clutch now for 6 years a trusty old cheap draggin skin and she holds track records at three tracks and concentrates on driving. Just like the 206 less time on the mechanical more time on the driving that is where it is at. Because you are not racing put a cheapy clutch on it and go. If you can find a cheap disc clutch then they do have more holding power for heavy guys but really what happens if you want to race then you will need the drum clutch anyway.

Greg
"Cheap old Dragging Skin" ??

Yep paid $40 for it used and have put one set of shoes in it since then. There are a ton of used clutches out there for the $50 range. New ones are $60-$200 for the high end drum clutches. When compared to a multi disc clutch the Draggin skin drum is dirt cheap.

The Draggin Skin is what I used on my 206 , thought it was a great deal for everything you got in the package deal brand new , 3 driver gears , weight kit and 4 different sets of springs ! Forget exactly how much it was , but it was a bargain in my eyes !!

New
Noram GE clutch with heavy shoes on sale for $64.95
Hillard Inferno Flame $79.95
Hillard Inferno Flame with the Bully conversion $119.95
All of them made in the USA

Alright lets go this route. I already have a Draggin Skin, bought used and set up by a guy much heavier than me. What combo of springs and weights should I put together for the LO206?

Alright lets go this route. I already have a Draggin Skin, bought used and set up by a guy much heavier than me. What combo of springs and weights should I put together for the LO206?

i ran my 206 on dirt ovals , so I have no clue on how to set it up for your application , You can see if you can get in touch with Jim Donovan from Max-Torque and he should be able to tell you exactly how to set it up , before the site problems , his user name was Jim Donovan , so probably hasn't changed .

Yep I did that just now. Great guy! Told me to take the Draggin Skin off and use an SS. Fortunately I have several of those. He also offered to tweak/ rebuild them for free. I just have to cover the cost of postage to send them back to me. Like I said--Great guy

Back