Best color spring to use in Premier Stinger clutch

For purple plate we run Orange, and our starts are as good or better than a bully clutch most times!
Is that not the "chatter" engagement like on the other noram charts? Red plate stuff we had the red springs on our regular noram. It showed a similar chart and was around 2200 but that was just where it starts to engage total lock up was around 3000.

Had the same question, 1/8 mile track med banking, no bite track, red plate driver in the cart. Red springs for him?

stinger spring-chart.jpg
copied from comet karts
I preface this by saying i've not owned a stinger, but on my regular noram and the ultimate GE that chart is where the clutch just starts to grab not full lock up. In a red plate class i would be on the Blue one or lower, they list a Dk green and Brown which would be closer if that is truely a chatter engagement chart like the others they have been known to publish. Only thing is i don't see the options to buy them on comet below a Blue one. Brian Carlson on here has been a huge help to me when i was researching clutches and has mentioned he has any combo of springs you may need and he could tell you where to start i'm sure.

what spring do you recommend for the stinger clutch? My son is gonna be running red plate/peewee thanks for info in advanced
That's a hard/easy question to answer!
First, let's get some definitions defined so we're talking about the same thing.
Idle = when the kart is just sitting there idling.
Stall = what the RPM is when you get on it and the kart starts moving.
Hook up/lockup = when the clutch stops slipping i.e. when the engine is turning the same RPM, divided by the gear ratio, as the axle.
Your stall RPM should be set to the peak torque of the engine. If you haven't had your engine on a dyno, it's easy to test for home.
Put a bathroom scale (analog) between a strong wall and the front of your kart. Warm the engine up and floor it. The right spring is one that will hold the engine at the highest torque RPM.
Torque X RPM / 5252.1 = horsepower. The highest torque at the axle gives you the highest horsepower "at" the axle.

That's a hard/easy question to answer!
First, let's get some definitions defined so we're talking about the same thing.
Idle = when the kart is just sitting there idling.
Stall = what the RPM is when you get on it and the kart starts moving.
Hook up/lockup = when the clutch stops slipping i.e. when the engine is turning the same RPM, divided by the gear ratio, as the axle.
Your stall RPM should be set to the peak torque of the engine. If you haven't had your engine on a dyno, it's easy to test for home.
Put a bathroom scale (analog) between a strong wall and the front of your kart. Warm the engine up and floor it. The right spring is one that will hold the engine at the highest torque RPM.
Torque X RPM / 5252.1 = horsepower. The highest torque at the axle gives you the highest horsepower "at" the axle.
So glad to have you back!

Back