Best Day (not at the track)

Prorookie34

We've never been in a parade, but our little town said we could bring our karts.

I could not believe all the pointing, smiling, thumbs up, and clapping. No more skeptics in my kids classrooms either. Best part was all the roads being shut down. We drove about a half mile back to the house together.

I highly recommend doing this in your small town, if you haven't.

Attachments

• 1000002461.jpg
    1000002461.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 1000002463.jpg
    1000002463.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 1000002465.jpg
    1000002465.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 69
We've never been in a parade, but our little town said we could bring our karts.

I could not believe all the pointing, smiling, thumbs up, and clapping. No more skeptics in my kids classrooms either. Best part was all the roads being shut down. We drove about a half mile back to the house together.

I highly recommend doing this in your small town, if you haven't.
nice to see your town allowed it. I bet the kids were stoked. Word of caution I would check the underside of the nose make sure nothing got broke. Those streets will do a number on the body.

nice to see your town allowed it. I bet the kids were stoked. Word of caution I would check the underside of the nose make sure nothing got broke. Those streets will do a number on the body.
The waiver said no one under 16 could drive but I assumed they meant a car, so we just rolled with it. My son said he felt like Chase Elliott bringing the title back to Dawsonville lol it was a blast.

Didn't seem to rough honestly. Will double triple check before raceday.

Thats cool, kids like to see race cars for sure.. My buddy has an open trailer that is a double stacker and when At the track he gets peeps over looking at it.. Nice setup.. I bet he gets some looks from kids at the stop lights and stuff too.. :) .

Last year our I was watching the town festivals parade at my brothers house that is on main street, needless to say It was pretty boring so I jump on my brothers kart and we slipped into the parade and threw out all the halloween candy we could scrounge up on a moments notice.

Attachments

• IMG_20221001_215552.jpg
    IMG_20221001_215552.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 41
Parades can be hard on clutches. If you've got a spare old drum clutch - this would be the time to use it!
We've never had the car(s) in parades personally, but they do very well at car shows and draw a LOT of questions about the local racing scene.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

The promoter at Twister Alley in Butterfield Mo. has a bunch of racers who participate in numerous area Christmas Parades. They always have a good number of karts in 5 or 6 parades each year---he is a good promoter who knows how to spread the word.

Parades can be hard on clutches. If you've got a spare old drum clutch - this would be the time to use it!
We've never had the car(s) in parades personally, but they do very well at car shows and draw a LOT of questions about the local racing scene.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I was worried about the heat for sure and something breaking as soon as we got downtown, which was lined wall to wall with people.
We race for fun and for a future in the sport, so I figured, even if we did burn something up or break something, at least it was for the win and not fighting for last place. That's how much fun we had.

Definitely recommend 0 stagger and yes old clutches, the problem for me was how annoying the rattling can be on bigger motors.

Back