Best Drum Clutch for Predator

I run a predator 212 with header pipe and muffler, air filter adapter, top plate, govener and oil sensor removed and heavier springs. What is the best clutch to use? I want to stick to one that will use bully drivers as I have a bunch of those. Has to be a drum clutch.

Well I am on a max torque with bully conversion right now and I am trying to be as fast as possible for next season because I am a good driver and so we are gonna try and go out and get a few wins. We are gonna be more serious this season, last season was just to get on the track and learn about karting and driving and I still have a lot to learn about karting and driving and stuff like that but I know that with the right equipment, tires, motor, setup and if I do my part and drive good we can get a few wins next season in multiple classes.

Both my dad and I had good success with a maxtorque with a 9 shoe conversion stock style driver. They're not bad clutches. Drum clutches are always gonna be behind a disk but for what it's worth the drum that engages at the right rpm with the most contact to the drum with minimal slippage will be best.

Both my dad and I had good success with a maxtorque with a 9 shoe conversion stock style driver. They're not bad clutches. Drum clutches are always gonna be behind a disk but for what it's worth the drum that engages at the right rpm with the most contact to the drum with minimal slippage will be best.
9 shoe conversion? Is that where you cut the shoes?

Hillard, mongrel by dyno or stinger .
Hillards the most common .
Mongrel is simlar to a max torque .
Stinger is heavy duty . Nearly Fail proof . Though heavier then the others .

Hilliard Flame with bully conversion if you want to stay in the lower price range. Fully adjustable and easy to take care of. We ran them on our LO206’s for 5yrs and 3 yrs on clones before they opened the rules to disk.

As a comparison, 206 can only run a drum. The Hilliard is the most popular but requires more maintenance and spring changing. Very tunable. Before being made illegal the two that performed best and with less maintenance was the Malossi and the Rocket Rim(basically a stinger made by SMC but with updated hub, drum) very nice clutch)

The maintenance part doesnt bother me. I always take my max torque apart and clean it and make sure the shoe and drum surface is good and will grip easy and just check everything over also clean the bearing and put a little jelly on it. I am thinking the Hilliard sounds like a very good option. What maintance would I need to do with a hilliard drum?

Back