Best Drum Clutch?

KochRacing

What is the best Drum clutch to run? this year was out 1st at racing and we used a Noram Stinger. Is it best to stick with that clutch or is there something better on the market to run?

Kids Class - Predator 212

I agree . And it's durable . The hillard fury is nice with the bully conversion .
The springs are easier to work with . If you really want to try something else .

I use the stinger on our 206 because the rules won't allow a Rocket Rim but IMO the SMC Rocket Rim is the best. It's based on the stinger platform. It has a nicer drum and internal design but uses stinger shoes and springs. The even have another set of springs(silver ) unique to the rocket rim.

I think I'll stick with the Stinger for now and do a rebuild on it. on a Stock Predator 212 what color spring should i use? I'm not sure what is currently on it right now. Just making a game plan for the off season to have it ready for opening day!

I've used the Stinger and Rocket Rim and like the Rocket Rim better. The Stinger has a tall key that started to damage/flare the keyway on our LO206. I can't legally race w/ the Rocket Rim but I'm keeping it to remind me how great a drum clutch can be.

I've used the Stinger and Rocket Rim and like the Rocket Rim better. The Stinger has a tall key that started to damage/flare the keyway on our LO206. I can't legally race w/ the Rocket Rim but I'm keeping it to remind me how great a drum clutch can be.
Why does some tracks make the rocket rim illegal to run?

Why does some tracks make the rocket rim illegal to run?
It's an LO206 specific rule. We run the Briggs LO206 and have to follow their rule set. It may be because the drum is machined. I have both the Stinger and Rocket Rim - the Rocket Rim looks beautiful and works great. I wish I could use it.

Back