Best gas for clone

We went to a big race today, a buddy won a clone main event and was DQed for fuel. They had bought gas at the prescribed gas station and ran it. Gas tank had been flushed with the prescribed fuel prior to filling. He took the fuel jug he used back to tech for them to check and it was fine. Last year same thing happened to me. Bought gas where specified and ran it. Fuel didnt pass tech. Fuel in my jug did. The only truly common denominator between us which could have affected things is we both have aluminum fuel tanks and we both run several different engines on these karts including alcohol fueled motors. Is there something about aluminum tanks that affects fuel testing?

As stated above, this question needs asked at where you plan to race, because almost all spec the station and pump #.
If you are not racing and a stock clone, then 100% gasoline 87 octane

We went to a big race today, a buddy won a clone main event and was DQed for fuel. They had bought gas at the prescribed gas station and ran it. Gas tank had been flushed with the prescribed fuel prior to filling. He took the fuel jug he used back to tech for them to check and it was fine. Last year same thing happened to me. Bought gas where specified and ran it. Fuel didnt pass tech. Fuel in my jug did. The only truly common denominator between us which could have affected things is we both have aluminum fuel tanks and we both run several different engines on these karts including alcohol fueled motors. Is there something about aluminum tanks that affects fuel testing?
Are you saying that you also run alcohol engine on the same kart? Using the same tank? If answer is yes, there is your problem.

Back