Best Phantom Chassis for 425 lbs class on clay? (triton,deuce,recon)

Im currently running a 2012 Phantom Triton with a box stock predator 425 lbs & 2015 Phantom Triton with a clone 425 lbs. I'm running on a 1/5 mile red clay track in south east. I love my triton´s but i am looking for that next big thing. Been trying to find input on Deuce, Recon & Minecon. Whats the way to go? I hear the Deuce is starting to take a hold for the better in driver prespective. I know there was a lot of mixed opinions about the Deuce at first. But what do you all think? Ive been on a Recon kick lately thinking its the way to go to add another to the collection.. But i keep hearing Deuce has tons of rolling speed! BTW Im probably going to run the new chassis in 425 lbs predator class starting out. Momentum track flat foot with predator engine & sometimes flat foot on clone depending on track and tires. Thanks in advance!

Thanks Flattop1 ive read a lot of you're posts on here but just now started posting myself. You're thoughts are greatly appreciated. Yeah my thoughts exactly on one out doing the triton. There hard to beat. Been up front all year on mine. Four 2nd place finishes out of five races this year in points. Just got to find that little bit on my triton somewhere.

can not help with burris tires .
the extra straight away speed claimed for the deuce may be the key .
if your doing your own tires , there may be opportunity here for improvement.
running un cut or unknown experienced tires could be a detriment.

I run a minecon at about 420, I'm not that serious of a racer to be able to dissect the exact differences in a chassis, I try to go off the seat of my pants, but the minecon, to me, if you follow the basic PRC baseline set up, you will be fast out of the box, then its up to you in terms of how far you want to go with tires and prep to make it the very best it can be for you....

We just swapped from premier to phantom I have a driver that runs 425 and 450 on recon he has been in top 4 locally the first three races on it I myself have been running minecon in super heavy went to a local big race here and qualified 2nd out of 15 and rain came and I made wrong tire call running it at the fall clsssic at dega in few weeks James at prc had me fast right out of the box for both karts then it’s down to tires and prep

We have 2018 minecon and 2 2019 dueces and were fast on all of them.set up and tires r the key...think that much weight on minecon cause it flexes more I'd go with deuce or recon.my guys only weighs 120 to 140 pound's...

Reason being I've looked into the deuce so much. Is because of the dual frame rail design under the driver to not let the chassis distort as much and lose roll speed. I feel this would be a good choice for heavy weight classes that reason alone. But i wanted to hear as much as i could about them being ran in the heavy classes.

Flattop1 We've just got into cutting our own tires. We cut our first set of intermediate cuts about 2 months ago and im running them on my clone right now and doing well. We still have a way to go on tires. My triton i run in the predator class with round cuts from welch does well other than it seems to come in late in the race. Im kinda stuck at the moment not knowing what it needs. Track doesn't like prep much at all. Run up front but seems im always running someone down late in the race. Suggestions anyone?

Flattop1 We've just got into cutting our own tires. We cut our first set of intermediate cuts about 2 months ago and im running them on my clone right now and doing well. We still have a way to go on tires. My triton i run in the predator class with round cuts from welch does well other than it seems to come in late in the race. Im kinda stuck at the moment not knowing what it needs. Track doesn't like prep much at all. Run up front but seems im always running someone down late in the race. Suggestions anyone?
Roll them internally with 30 cc.

Roger .
The kart get fast last few laps , I'm thinking is not enough prep and or not enough inside . The tire is coming in too late . Im not the tire guy .

+1 on the dual rail .

Back