best pipe for a 150cc

Pro 81/82 is a great open pipe…works on both reed and rotary (also known as a fuel pipe) needs to be fed. RLV also had pro 150 pipes for reeds. I have used ones

Why would anyone want to use 1980's technology when we have so many newer excellent pipes. We have CRE6&9 and KB06 and KBL6 from Buller all great pipes.

Brian, pipes built in the 80’s is not old technology. I am using CRE 6 and 9 along with a pro 80. Depending on the engine and track. I have measured every pipe I have owned and know the difference in angles. Each have an effect to an engine. What you call new technology usually puts out a little more power but can make carb clutch tuning more difficult. Sometimes a broad power band is easily tunable for many laps.

Sometimes a broad power band is easily tunable for many laps.

Halleluja !!!

I've been "attempting" to encourage what Dennis just said for well over 40 years -- it's a really difficult sell.

The pipe that manages to produces a single "fastest lap" is rarely the best pipe to run for an entire race -- and will almost always be harder on the clutch (and the engine itself).

As a matter of fact, quite often the best exhaust pipe will "feel" slower because it does not have that huge blast of power at one spot in the rev range, but rather forgoes a portion of that for a broader power band.

PM

Halleluja !!!

I've been "attempting" to encourage what Dennis just said for well over 40 years -- it's a really difficult sell.

The pipe that manages to produces a single "fastest lap" is rarely the best pipe to run for an entire race -- and will almost always be harder on the clutch (and the engine itself).

As a matter of fact, quite often the best exhaust pipe will "feel" slower because it does not have that huge blast of power at one spot in the rev range, but rather forgoes a portion of that for a broader power band.

PM
Completely agree, not just for a pipe, but for the setup/turning of the entire engine. Withvthe years and after braking a bunch of parts and burning a bunch of pistons, especially on the high power stroked or bored engines, I have learned a wider and more full power band that feels less violent is actually faster in a race and of course way better on the clutch too.

Halleluja !!!

PM
This is the exact reason why I always liked the KB02 over the KB06. The difference in powerband was worth the "give up" on bottom end.

1,2,3 fd is basically a kb06.prob so being the 1 for low end.i had a 3fd.my good buddy has it now.it had a funky boobie looking end cap with single hole and 1.75 flex cup.put a flat cap and a 17/8 flex cup on it and 2- holes for exit and its a kb06.nothing fancy they was on top of game back in the day.if ya can read a tape ya can figure it out

Attachments

• 324155CB-7C18-49C7-A896-C7F1B60E91CB.png
    324155CB-7C18-49C7-A896-C7F1B60E91CB.png
    235.8 KB · Views: 66
Back