Best prep for burris 33s on a cold track?

mmrecon28

Seeing what everyone thinks about prep that builds heat fast and good prep to use during winter. Race will be on dirt indoors using 33s.

Yea, I'd have to agree with Cole.
Green, or an aggressive weekly prep like our Monster Bite.
I really like Monster Bite on Burris because it won't get gummy if you choose to re-use that same set of tires at the track. Green causes you to keep throwing fresh sets on the car each time.

If you're looking for an alternative to goat/green/etc. consider our Monster Bite.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Agreed with Brian as well, in order to use krug you'll need to cycle tires out and resand at a minimum to get the best results each time out. Something like Brian recommended such as his Monster Bite or Donnie Nalls aggressive would be substitutes that are easier on the tires and easier to work with if you're concerned about going with the aggressive aggressive route.

Agreed with Brian as well, in order to use krug you'll need to cycle tires out and resand at a minimum to get the best results each time out. Something like Brian recommended such as his Monster Bite or Donnie Nalls aggressive would be substitutes that are easier on the tires and easier to work with if you're concerned about going with the aggressive aggressive route.
Ok thank u. This is only my second year racing so I'm trying to learn alot. And if u dont mind me asking what u think duro should be around?? 50 Or softer. I'd imagine gona need softer tires. Alot of my sets are 55-60 duro. I'll have to prep them down to get soft.

Going to depend on how well it gets run in and if it builds bite and a racing groove. If it does, likely will be on fresher stuff but just hard enough mid to upper 50’s, maybe right around 60 that when you hit them with the aggressive preps they’ll bite and fire off without being too soft and sliding. If it doesn’t get run in and stays opened up, then it’s a guessing game. The worst thing you can do is prep all of your stuff hard ahead of time. Take atleast one set and have them ready for the worst condition, and stage what you can above that from bad to best and then just adjust chemicals trackside as needed. That’s how we’ll be doing it with my personal stuff for there.

Back