Best prep for hot, dry, and low grip conditions.

intimidator3

Looking for what preps are good for hot, dry, and low grip conditions. The track is not clay. It is a dirt track. We run Burris 33s. I currently run track tac products but open to ideas. Right now I am just using black sand as a weekly prep. Any ideas on trackside preps?

Of course I'm going to be biased to our own preps...BUT, Jamie's suggestion of Black and Blue will work well.
Nothing wrong with Black Sand -- it's a great bite prep -- but you're not getting the most bite out of it without it curing in the tire for 10-14 days (in my opinion.) Using it trackside (even cut with acrysol or another prep) I think is wasting the best of the Black Sand prep. There are plenty of bite preps that you can apply as a PRW - TT offers many of their own.
I prefer to use our Pink Panther if the track is marginal on bite and you just need some more conditioning oil in the tires and something to get it to fire for the first couple laps. Our Black Bite 2.0 works well during the week or trackside as a PRW and adds plenty of bite for low bite tracks without softening the rubber much at all. Our Monster Bite is when you need to add a ton of bite to the tires for low/no bite track surfaces. It will also drop the duro considerably, so you need to be careful how much you wipe. With these three preps, the more coats you apply, the more bite it makes, and you can cover 95% of the track conditions you will face. You are welcome to give us a call if you would like more info on our prep program and specifically for Burris 33s.

I might also suggest that you contact Chris or Randy @ Trac Tac for info on their preps. Kevin Bishop now has the Venom Juice product line - give him a call directly. These guys are more knowledgeable on their own preps than probably anyone on here. :)

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
26 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I use palmetto preps, on the low bite stuff I use their Low Bite, and on higher bite stuff, their High Bite, for everything in between I use Medium either by itself or with a little of something else mixed in. This line of prep is very simple to learn, the names of the prep pretty much tells you when to use it or when it works best, how much and how you apply is up to you. Give Matt a call at Palmetto, he can get you going just as well as anyone else

Krug Green makes some serious bite for the low grip dry slick tracks

When using Krug for low bite dry stuff, how are you using it? Specifically, how do you not end up with an overly soft tire? I have considered using Black Sand during the week, and Krug as a PRW only, so it wouldn't over soften, but I don't know if they would play well together. Black Sand with Orange doesn't seem to get the job done for me.

Krug can't be beat when you need it, but it will get the Duro down quick and build tons of bite. To me it's like a goat tire, stays soft once used.

When using Krug for low bite dry stuff, how are you using it? Specifically, how do you not end up with an overly soft tire? I have considered using Black Sand during the week, and Krug as a PRW only, so it wouldn't over soften, but I don't know if they would play well together. Black Sand with Orange doesn't seem to get the job done for me.

Black Sand and Topaz will if you want to stick with Track Tac, One of the best preps I've used for Bite is Earl's ( Southern Comfort Purple ).

Good Luck !!

Looking for what preps are good for hot, dry, and low grip conditions. The track is not clay. It is a dirt track. We run Burris 33s. I currently run track tac products but open to ideas. Right now I am just using black sand as a weekly prep. Any ideas on trackside preps?

is it ashway? if so we have alot of success with pink magic there straight also ive seen southern comfort purple work great there to

Black Sand and Krug Green work very well together. They can even be mixed when Green is too strong for a given condition.

For Burris in Tn you would need to get ahold of Paul Holt with FTS preps!!! Knows burris tires and theie prep lines.... look him up on facebook!

Back