Best scales to buy

supermanJAE

Always wanted to get some scales but debating on what kind to get. I've been reading reviews but still would like someone else's opinion on what's the best for karting on a economy price.

I used longacre scales to scale mine but I know of people who have done it on bathroom scales and the postal scales like stated above. As long as you can calculate all the numbers and percentages so you can get left %, cross, and nose. If you use bathroom scales or postal scaled just use your phone as a calculator.

Looking something that'll calculate everything up for me ....is longacre or intercomp better than the other?..how is the speedwaymotors scales..they seem at a reasonable price

The ones we used when scaling my kart were longacre but I am sure you cant go wrong with either. Longacre and intercomp both seem to be used pretty frequently in the karting community. I am sure the speedway motors ones would work well as well. Whatever you do just stay consistent on which scales your use. Use the same scales, be sure they are all level and in the right spot before you put kart on them. Also you would be surprised how much one little difference you do when scaling your kart will make a difference when you scale.

Not sure your price range, but the 15” wireless intercomps are awesome.
You can use them for anything if you move up from karts, no wires to rip out or trip over and resale is way easier with bigger pads.

You can't beat Intercomp for quality. They are not the cheapest though.
We also like Tanner by Mittler Brothers scales.
We sell both through the shop and use both with no reservations about quality and consistency.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back