Best seat for a younger driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son is 6 will be 7 next season. Without driving hours to a store to try seats out what’s the best seat for a younger driver? Meaning brand and style not the size of the seat. We’re going to need a larger one next season.

I bet that helped. Wow
Alright tell me what you would say then. No seat will fit any person the same. I mean it is like saying what size shirt will fit the kid? We don’t know what the kid prefers how big he is or anything. Finding a seat should be based on the drivers opinion on how it feels and no one else. A properly mounted seat is also one of the most important things in kart racing.

Not able to help too much on a brand or type because I bought a used kart which came with three different sized seats for my 7 yr. old son (and we have only been at this for a year). I would only add that his feedback as to comfort led us down the wrong road to start. The seat which seemed right for his size had him almost in a panic when he first tried it. Could barely get his hips in when he tried to sit.

Moved up to the next larger one which seemed so much more comfortable; however, it was immediately apparent he was sliding around way too much when he started driving.

Downsized, and after letting him practice getting in and out a few times and then just sitting in it for a while, he learned the difference between snug versus uncomfortable. It made a huge difference.

Same thing went with his safety belts. He hated how I would always tighten everything once he was in the seat. But after a couple of wrecks, he doesn't complain anymore.

Just a newbies two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back