Best seat???

Hands down its got to be a Jagged Edge seat the most comfy seat I have been in. Everybody that has sat in my kart loved it.

I like this thread. I have a really old LL that has been beaten and patched and beaten again. Finally just need to get a new one. Can anyone or someone from Lightning Light explain the difference between the Grabber and the Grabber II?

We'll from what I have gathered the grabber only comes in 3 sizes and the grabber II has a higher back and comes in more sizes along with a xxl seat

The saffrits edge i had wasnt very strong at all, it cracked in several spots within just a few months of racing, mainly on the back section near the top, for some reason it broke on both sides of the seat in those places. I patched it several times but it never really was too comfortable for me at all, i hated it. I ended up putting my old Lightning Light Grabber seat back on it because it was comfortable and broke in well. It also has some places that needed a little glass work but nothing too bad at all, the grabber is still a really comfortable seat for me and fits perfect, its a medium and i weigh about 150-155.

I really liked the OG Edge seat from back in like 98 or so. Now we have rode in most all the seats and a few that I like not in any order have been the Lightning Light H21, Brads Hot Seat, Chavous, and the Select is not to bad.

The saffrits edge i had wasnt very strong at all, it cracked in several spots within just a few months of racing, mainly on the back section near the top, for some reason it broke on both sides of the seat in those places. I patched it several times but it never really was too comfortable for me at all, i hated it. I ended up putting my old Lightning Light Grabber seat back on it because it was comfortable and broke in well. It also has some places that needed a little glass work but nothing too bad at all, the grabber is still a really comfortable seat for me and fits perfect, its a medium and i weigh about 150-155.
Was it a true Edge or a knock off?, never had a problem with a safrits, they are made by the same guy that makes Selects, unless you got a blem seat and wasnt told

ive always ran lightning light grabbers and now I work for them lol . the grabber is still popular and has a shorter back than the grabber 2 which is more like a old style select
I like this thread. I have a really old LL that has been beaten and patched and beaten again. Finally just need to get a new one. Can anyone or someone from Lightning Light explain the difference between the Grabber and the Grabber II?

Theres a difference in seats between comfort and with regards to speed. You may find a very comfy seat, but the speed potential may not be there, look at what the best use and make your own decision.
For me its the Select or Chavous, both pretty comfy, and depending on type of kart both have ability for the speed potential of the kart.

Type of kart should factor in your decision.

Theres a difference in seats between comfort and with regards to speed. You may find a very comfy seat, but the speed potential may not be there, look at what the best use and make your own decision.
For me its the Select or Chavous, both pretty comfy, and depending on type of kart both have ability for the speed potential of the kart.

Type of kart should factor in your decision.
This is good advice. We had karts were one seat may work better than the other because of the flex that we had.

Back