Best tire prep

Looking for a tire prep, for sandy loose red clay, but mostly hard compact surface. I guess what I'm asking is there a "one size fits all" type of prep?

I would agree that there is no "one prep fits all," but there are certainly a couple that could easily cover 99% of the tracks and tires that you run.
Prepping tires can be as complicated or simple as you care to make it.
We offer a simple and effective tire prep program that is winning races all over the country.
I would be glad to share about our tire prep line if you want to message me on here, email, message through our facebook page, or call the shop during business hours.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I used insanity mixed with black sand Saturday night, and I was slipping and sliding all over the place, not to mention the track had loose sand on it as well after being blown off.

I used insanity mixed with black sand Saturday night, and I was slipping and sliding all over the place, not to mention the track had loose sand on it as well after being blown off.
Black sand sounds like it may have been the right choice for that track. Did you let it dry and how did the tires feel when you set down on the grid? If they were wet that may have contributed to the sliding. I've yet to figure out a prep that will overcome loose material on top of the track. I usually go for a round profile tire and lower air pressure.

Black sand sounds like it may have been the right choice for that track. Did you let it dry and how did the tires feel when you set down on the grid? If they were wet that may have contributed to the sliding. I've yet to figure out a prep that will overcome loose material on top of the track. I usually go for a round profile tire and lower air pressure.
It was wiped about 15 before grid, and used a torch to set it. Here's a video of just how bad the track was.
There are many variables besides your prep that determine grip level.
I was running 3.5 on rights and 3.0 on left.

If someone is telling you that you need to wipe prep at the track for those conditions stay away from them….. you can’t wipe. The process of the prep actually doing what it is meant to do is not setting long enough. Yes I’m talking about blacksand….. I don’t care what you mix with it at the track.

If you have blacksand and any medium based prep from a reputable prep dealer 50/50 at home 2 - 3 times a day and then Letting the tires set 24hrs to cure before race time is all you would need. Then at the track use track claw or z max degreaser to help pull the oils back out of the tire to get that initial bite that is needed…..

Last edited:
If someone is telling you that you need to wipe prep at the track for those conditions stay away from them….. you can’t wipe. The process of the prep actually doing what it is meant to do is not setting long enough. Yes I’m talking about blacksand….. I don’t care what you mix with it at the track.

If you have blacksand and any medium based prep from a reputable prep dealer 50/50 at home 2 - 3 times a day and the. Letting the tires set 24hrs before race time is all you would need. Then at the track use track claw or z max degreaser to help pull the oils back out of the tire to get that initial bite that is needed…..
This makes sense

Back